Buying online fabric

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,115 Posts
Points 14,375
Dawn posted on Thu, Apr 18 2013 2:21 PM

I know some of you have posted your favorite places, but can only remember a couple.  Which do you think have the best fabric for the price?  etc.

Thanks!

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
797 Posts
Points 15,925
Sue replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 3:13 PM

I love Connecting Threads for the value.  Fabric is great too.  On the kits you get more than enough to complete the project for which I was very pleasantly surprised!

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Points 100

hank you Sue it is nice to know there is definitely enough fabric for projects.  I will check them out.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
1 Posts
Points 5

I like to go to alleyfabrics for wide backing (108 inch) theu have gret prices, quality fabric and ship really quick.

Not Ranked
Female
38 Posts
Points 780

When I'm online shopping, I like Somewhere Sewing..  Debi has good prices, quality fabrics, and great customer service.

And, may I toot my own horn here?  My husband and I own a small quilt shop called Persephone's Creations.  We sell mostly to internet customers, but we welcome walk-ins, too.  Most of our fabric is under $8.00/yard.  Our wide backings are $8.00 to $13.00/yard, depending on the vendor.  We carry mostly Moda, but we also carry Timeless Treasures, Blank, and several other vendors.

Betty

Soddy Daisy, TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,115 Posts
Points 14,375
Dawn replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 6:02 PM

Thanks!

Betty, I will have to look at your site!  I am looking for Flirt by Moda! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,395 Posts
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 7:53 PM

equilter.com is still my favorite.  It's an easy site to look for fabrics, and when they have a sale, it can be a great sale!  Sometimes, I see what is on clearance and I think, "I know why that is on sale."  But other times the sales are great.  A good way to get excellent quality blenders.  Panels are sometimes less than $5. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use