Top 10 Posters

I'm beginning to worry about this World of ours.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara Posted: Tue, Apr 16 2013 1:15 AM

As I'm sure most of you are aware by now ,we have had another awful event  take place in Boston  on Monday . I hope that all of us will say prayers for those folks who were injured and for those who lost their lives.  It is again a terrible thing for not just this country ,but for the world as a whole.  My heart goes out to all of those affected . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 1:26 AM

Prayers already went up as soon as i heard the news.

How can people do such evil things, I just dont understand.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,478
Points 362,127
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 3:16 AM

Yes a sad event. I think it will get worse before it gets better.

The comments on the incident are horrible as well. There are some truly hateful people out there.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 135

It is such a shame that mentally deranged people are so miserable that they do these awful heinous acts of terror. Too bad they don't destroy themselves instead of ruining the lives of innocent victims who are in the areas they choose to attack! It is difficult to understand why they do what they do! Bless those who were injured and the families of those who lost their loved ones. 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 593
Points 10,265
zoetc49 replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 8:39 PM

Carol,

I often wonder as I look at young children what change took place between the Innocent years and the adult years to make people want to hurt others.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,498
Points 30,475
Diana replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 6:26 AM

I keep wondering why people who come here for a good education then turn against us?  I live next door to a Turk who came here and graduated from Harvard.  He wouldn't return to Turkey after they paid for his education.  He was supposed to go back and serve in the Turkish military.  They are all cowards and he proves it.  I've befriended his wife who is American and she's not too bright.  He's abusive and maybe he's spoken 8 words to me in the 8 years I've lived here.  I say close our borders to all or keep track of the ones who come on student visas and then won't leave.  Deport them all.

Maybe I'm just cynical or getting more so in my old age.  We didn't have all these crazies when I was growing up.

Diana in East Tn. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 7:42 AM

We didn't have all these crazies when I was growing up.

Diana in East Tn.

Diana, no offense honey but i think you forgot about Adolf Hitler, crazy people have always been around and always will be around, but on the good side there are always will be and always have been heroes, inspirational people and people who are good, kind and care.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Francis you are right and being against one group of people just because of a few isn't right either.   Just hang tight and don't give in to the fear.

MelodyP

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Mon, May 6 2013 4:45 PM

zoetc49:
I often wonder as I look at young children what change took place between the Innocent years and the adult years to make people want to hurt others.

So many things, I think.... mistreatment in families, bullies, selfishness....  But for me it is taking God out of our day to day life, and people forgetting all God has blessed us with.

2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV (King James Version)
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

And like Frances mentioned there are some wonderful people out there too, kind, giving, helping and serving others in this life.  I want to be that person who is an encourager, a help when it is needed to others in my life.  And for me that is where it starts, help those in my path, help those that I hear about and can help.

Sandy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,428
Marie replied on Mon, May 6 2013 6:47 PM

Beautiful Sandy.  "Let There Be Peace On Earth And Let It Begin With Me"  I love that song when I sing it in church.

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Tue, May 7 2013 12:08 PM

Sandy,

I have been wondering and being concerned about the same things.  When my children were growing up we focused our child rearing on God and one general earthly word, respect.  We worked on trying to keep them respecting self, for others, for property, theirs and others.  If they have self respect, they could work on anything they wanted to and fly high.  If they have respect for for others there would be no freud, no stealing, no property damages and no damage to other people.  God is good and giving. They should be too.

A number of their friends parents agreed and worked on the respect areas.  God has gone so much "out of style" since my generation. Now the children are beginning to be interested again. I see some really good things coming from the Christian school my granddaughter goes to.  It is refreshing to see teens with God in their lives.  Perhaps they will stay on track and work to bring respect back into their lives too. In God's name we continue to pray.

jan in Rochester NY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,471
Points 116,825

zoetc49:

Carol,

Oh dear, I'm gong to get in big trouble here. But I just have to weigh in on this statement. Why does the innocence of kids go awry? Who knows? I do think it's way too easy to point a finger at a parent and say "It's your fault your kid is a lowlife creep". Some kids are born with funny wiring or chemical imbalances through no fault of parents. Sometimes it's nearly impossible to deal with or solve these kind of problems. Do you have any idea of the agony these parents go through? Nothing they do or try helps. I'm mighty lucky and, in spite of my mistakes, my kids grew up to be fine people. I have friends who haven't been so fortunate. They are killing themselves with guilt, remorse, hurt wondering what they did wrong. Maybe nothing.

Some say we've lost our values today. I think there is some truth to that. But Yesteryear was't so much better. Read your history. We have more people on earth so, of course, we'll have more crime. We have instant communication so we practically know what is happening in everyone's living room. And it's ain't pretty.

Mass killings in schools and public places. I can't explain that kind of anger or where it comes from. It does terrify me and I search for answers. But, Frances is right. We had lots of crazies. 

We also don't know the affect of additives to our food, air and water is doing to babies and their brains. Look on a can of food sometime. And, what about parents who experimented with drugs before they ever had children. Could that be one factor? We are a drugged society. The percentage of people who abuse legal and illegal drugs is astounding. Gotta affect the unborn fetus don't you think?

Not all kids with problems are born to parents who take drugs, who abuse them or who are not Christian. Good kids are born to the lowest of parents and bad kids to the best of parents. Wonderful people come from non religious homes as well as deeply religious homes.  I do think it's really difficult to be a parent nowadays, with all the outside influences coming in through the internet and other media. But, again, ready history. Lots of criminals, children gone bad, serial killers.

Oh boy, I'm kind of reluctant to press the Post button. I can get on a soap box and sometimes need to be kicked off and given a good talking to!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Tue, May 7 2013 5:25 PM

Judy,  All I can say is you are so right.   Thanks for getting up on your soapbox.   Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Tue, May 7 2013 6:38 PM

This discussion has many facets, I hope it did not appear I was placing blame on parents because I agree with Judy we can't just place blame there.  And I speak as a parent of three now grown working productive adults.... but  we had our struggles, and really if the police has not come to your home well maybe you didn't have a teenage son :)  I can only smile now because it is in the past.   I was a mom who grieved over a wayward child and yes they come from all kinds of homes.

An no this trouble is not new, remember our history of the Bath school bombing  which killed 38 children.  that was in the 20's

I don't understand it and I too did my best to teach respect and kindness to others and to be a hard worker and honest.... and do my best for the next generation that I can, by doing volunteer work and trying to be kind to people I meet.

And we all have a soapbox :) and I guess I keep checking this to see what are people thinking and what can be done?  

I know raising children today is difficult.

Sandy

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use