Page 5 of 6 (80 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 79 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,098
Points 24,750
Agnes replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 7:55 AM

Love the pincushion and this discussion. I have a home for everything and I know where it is. The problem is sometimes I think I'll put it away later and that's when things disappear. I now try to take the extra steps immediately when I am done with it. I convince myself that is part of keeping active. I still have missing knitting needles. I am positive I put them with my yarn when I got them. My yarn bin is empty after a winter of knitting and there are no needles. I have no husband, cat, dog or kid to blame, just a senior brain.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 7:53 PM

I can tell you for sure it wasnt me. I picked out a beautiful speciman all done in red white and blue stars and stripes to commemorate my first american tri.

Sady I am the biggest loser, i remember taking my beautiful necklace with the diamon pendant, off before we went to Jamaica , not wanting to travel with it and maybe lose it, dropping it into a drawer.  Can anyone tell me where that drawer is?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Vivian :
i remember taking my beautiful necklace with the diamon pendant, off before we went to Jamaica , not wanting to travel with it and maybe lose it, dropping it into a drawer.  Can anyone tell me where that drawer is?

Oh no, Vivian.  That is a terrible loss. You know it has to be in a drawer, just hiding among other stuff. Take one drawer at a time, dump onto your bed and slowly put items back into the drawer. Betcha you will find it.

Let us know.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 9:36 PM

That doesn't leave many givers.   Wendy, Joyce and I all got in late.   Maybe Marcia or Patty Mc and the only others I can think of are Donna and Marge.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 9:36 PM

Vivian

Good luck on your search.   I would be so mad at myself.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 9:46 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
i remember taking my beautiful necklace with the diamon pendant, off before we went to Jamaica , not wanting to travel with it and maybe lose it, dropping it into a drawer.  Can anyone tell me where that drawer is?

once ya'll find her necklace, can you find my anniversary ring, Mother's ring and Grandmother's ring.  I took them off last Friday when I got hme from work and remember setting them on a surface but can't find them now.  have been looking on every flat surface in the house.  I usually find them before now so don't know where I set them. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 11:09 AM

Nana:

That doesn't leave many givers.   Wendy, Joyce and I all got in late.   Maybe Marcia or Patty Mc and the only others I can think of are Donna and Marge.

ROFLOL!!!  Definitely NOT me!  As I said earlier, I was a newbie and showed up without any little gifts that year.  I don't remember specifically what Marge's gifts were, but it was not the pin-cushions...I know that for sure.  

The mystery continues... or maybe not...  

I just think it is too funny about this whole thing, Nana. These contain walnut shells that you like to use in pin-cushions. So, I really thought they were from you!  Did you send these to Dee in advance just to fool everyone??? 

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Donna B:
Nana. These contain walnut shells that you like to use in pin-cushions. So, I really thought they were from you!  Did you send these to Dee in advance just to fool everyone??? 

Walnut shells?  Wait a minute, NancyMN brought walnut shells to Branson for the chicken pincushions.  I was always thinking it was NancyMN who made the flower pincushions for Leavenworth. Maybe I was right?

But, that's OK if Nancy did make them and wants to remain anonymous that's fine with me. It's kind of fun to have an unsolved mystery.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 12:55 PM

NANA brought the walnut shells to Branson.  When she told us she was going to bring them, that's when I decided that making the chicken pincushions would be fun.  Believe me, if I had made those pretty flower pincushions, I would be most happy to accept credit.  I'm not shy!

Thank you to whomever it was - I love mine and use it all the time!  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 12:57 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Walnut shells?  Wait a minute, NancyMN brought walnut shells to Branson for the chicken pincushions.  I was always thinking it was NancyMN who made the flower pincushions for Leavenworth. Maybe I was right?

No. Nancy made those cute little needle case. And she signed them on the back, a great idea then we can always remember who made them.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 12:59 PM

That's right - I did sign those!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Jacy:
No. Nancy made those cute little needle case. And she signed them on the back, a great idea then we can always remember who made them.

So the mystery deepens. Someone is sitting at her computer having a good chuckle. Good for her. Whichever one she is, I love her.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 2:06 PM

Trust me girls, Nana made those pin cushions, I feel it in my gut and my gut is rarely wrong.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 4:11 PM

I'm with you, Marie!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 9:33 PM

Marie:

Trust me girls, Nana made those pin cushions, I feel it in my gut and my gut is rarely wrong.

Marie, I'm with you...that is why I posted my last comment...about the walnut shells.  

I think we are providing her (and us) with some good ol' entertainment - QCA style...and I love her for it (and the pin cushion)!

Winthrop, WA

Page 5 of 6 (80 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use