rated by 0 users
This post has 79 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 3:40 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
We are calling my cell phone constantly to locate it.

I'm feeling so much better now.  I even read this aloud to Randy so he'd know I'm not the only one!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,919
gini replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 4:22 PM

I can't wait for them to develop a cell phone that's implanted behind my ear,  not only will I never lose my cell phone again, but Sam can come find me, too.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,494
Points 30,410
Diana replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 6:32 PM

What's really fun is when you have 3 phone #'s and hubby can't keep them straight.  I have a land-line, cell phone and car phone.  Hubby tried to call me on my car phone and said he kept getting a busy signal.  I told him I wasn't on my car phone.  When I got home, he told me so I called On-Star to check if they had a problem with my phone.  They didn't seem to have one.  I check his cell-phone for which numbers he had programmed into his phone.  He was trying to call himself...lol   I got the right numbers programmed into his phone so now he can call me on the right phone.  Too many numbers, I think...

Diana in East Tn. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 9:32 PM

Judy, I didn;t make the pincusions  I did bring kits though.

I lost the spare fabric for a round robin our group has been working on.  Everyone looked high and low for it.  I found it looking for glue sticks in my sewing room. Hidden in a bin.  Sigh.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 9:39 PM

Vivian :
Judy, I didn;t make the pincusions

I still think Nana made those.

I've been tearing rooms apart looking for the beautiful name tags I made for our garden club members last year.  I told everyone I would store them for the winter and bring them back to the first meeting during this garden year.  I stored them all right - never to be found again!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,385
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 9:55 AM

Nancy

It wasn't me that made the pincushions.  I love mine.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,919
gini replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 10:01 AM

My mom tried to call my DSL several times,   She ccomplained to my nephew that some old woman kept answering their phone.  jC. Checked her phone log. Mom was calling her own number and getting her own voice on the answering machine.   Mom still has all of her cookies, but technology may sink her. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 10:22 AM

gini:
Mom still has all of her cookies, but technology may sink her

ROFLMAO!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,405

Nana:

Nancy

It wasn't me that made the pincushions.  I love mine.

OK, ladies. Those of you who were at the 2011 Leavenworth retreat. Who made the Flower Pin Cushion?  I just love mine. I was so sure it was NancyMN. If not Nancy or Nana, then who???

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,405

Here's a photo of the mystery pin cushion. Fess up someone. Who made this at the 2011 Leavenworth retreat????? Vivian?, Wendy?, Judy EE? Marge? Maybe Donna or Patti?  Who who who?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 11:09 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Here's a photo of the mystery pin cushion. Fess up someone. Who made this at the 2011 Leavenworth retreat????? Vivian?, Wendy?, Judy EE? Marge? Maybe Donna or Patti?  Who who who?

Wow Nana, I could have sworn I remembered you handing one to me!  If it wasn't Nana, I don't have a clue...and it definitely was not me.  (I have to confess, I was so new to QCA and retreats, that I didn't even know that little gifts were the norm...so sadly [and humiliatingly] I was unprepared.)  I definitely had a gift for everyone in 2012...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 1:58 PM

I cannot wait to attend one of these retreats. I cannot go this year, but my goal is to make the next one. They sound like alot of fun. However I do not understand from the flyer how they work.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 933
Points 15,760
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 5:33 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

I can honestly say it wasn't me in fact I can honestly (I think) say that I didn't get one.  I know I have a pincushion that sits on the edge of the table and has a bag that hangs down for threads and little scraps of fabric.  I am sure Nana made them and I might have gotten it as one of the many door prizes we had that year.

Unless I have a pincushion like the one that Judy T posted stashed somewhere in my sewing room which is possible, I can't shed any light on the matter.  It certainly is not out on a table being used.  So guess the mystery is still a mystery.  I still haven't found my Block-Lok ruler so maybe they are hiding (or totally covered) together.  I really must clean up my room!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 5:50 PM

Donna B:

Judy T-Bellingham:

Wow Nana, I could have sworn I remembered you handing one to me!  If it wasn't Nana, I don't have a clue...and it definitely was not me.  (I have to confess, I was so new to QCA and retreats, that I didn't even know that little gifts were the norm...so sadly [and humiliatingly] I was unprepared.)  I definitely had a gift for everyone in 2012...LOL!

I too thought these pin cushions were made by Nana.

And Donna, don't feel bad about no gift the first year, I didn't think to bring gifts that year either. I was in awe of those who had time to make little gifts for everyone.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,470
Points 24,110

I don't think gifts are required, sometimes I take some and sometimes not. It all depends on how much time I have. It is just something that is optional. So don't feel bad if you didn't take any.

Page 3 of 6 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use