Page 2 of 6 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 79 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,160

gini:

So, Judy and Barbara, does this mean you two are "loose" women.

Only Gini would come up with that one! ROFLOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 4:33 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
 In Leavenworth in 2010, I think it was MNNancy (correct me if I'm wrong), made these wonderful flower pin cushions. It became my favorite until it disappeared a couple months ago.

I wish I could take credit for those pretty pincushions, but I think it was Nana that made those for us. (now correct me if I'm wrong).  And Diana from E.Tennessee made the pet pillow sacks for us to fill.  I did just firmly fill mine the other day, but I think I'll make a washable pillow case for it using some cat fabric before I give it to Pickles.

Judy, did you ever think that your cat might be helping you lose items.  Pickles loves to get up on my sewing counter and knock things to the floor.  Maybe your kitty knocks things into the trash can.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,160

MNnancy:
And Diana from E.Tennessee made the pet pillow sacks for us to fill.

MNnancy:
I wish I could take credit for those pretty pincushions, but I think it was Nana that made those for us.

MNnancy:
did you ever think that your cat might be helping you lose items.

I'm going to write the names on them so I don't forget again. Thanks Nancy.

No, I'm afraid I can't blame it on the cats. Neither of them ever showed any interest in jumping on my cutting table. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 8:04 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
George says that's the only time I really clean. (He ran for cover as soon as he said that).

I think George and my DH are from the same mold.  But when mine says it I just smile and hand him something to clean with.  And as for losing things....that's why I have duplicates and sometime triplicates of some things I use all the time.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 8:39 PM

Too funny Judy T...I've *never* done that...lol!  Not less than once a week anyway...

I used to have a small garbage can under my table by my sewing machine.  However, several years ago, I had a pair or snips that I used on machine embroidery that went missing. (I dearly loved those things!)  After searching and searching, I finally concluded that they had gone out with the trash (which DH collected weekly to put in the big garbage can).  We now have two rules: 1) The garbage basket is never near enough to my sewing machine for things to accidentally fall in there and 2)  I am the only one that puts my sewing room garbage into the garbage can (after going through it to verify everything is truly trash). 

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 9:10 PM

I also have found lost items in the trash. 

I need at least 5 seam rippers so maybe I can find one when I need it.   I have lots of scissors, but i never find the one I want.   MnNancy, was it you DH that made  you that wonderful tool board?

I think it was Vivian that made the pin cushions.   I hope she is doing OK.  Think I will send a letter to Lisa too.  Haven't heard from or about her since retreat.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,160

Donna B:
We now have two rules: 1) The garbage basket is never near enough to my sewing machine for things to accidentally fall in there and 2)  I am the only one that puts my sewing room garbage into the garbage can (after going through it to verify everything is truly trash). 

Donna, I like those rules. My sewing machine trash basket is not near my machine. But my cutting table has the basket right beneath it. I'm going to tell George to never, ever empty my trash baskets. He does so much like to help but I'll tell him it's off limits.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,160

Patti:
I think it was Vivian that made the pin cushions.   I hope she is doing OK.  Think I will send a letter to Lisa too.  Haven't heard from or about her since retreat.

You're right. Haven't heard a peep from either of them for ages. Also, what about Spud?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 9:40 PM

I've been thing about Vivian and Lisa for the last month!  (It must have been the thinking about the retreat coming up.)

I checked and Vivian hasn't posted since January.  I hope she is doing OK after the trauma of her separation and pending divorce.

Also hope Lisa is doing better with all her health issues.

I believe someone posted that Spud was fine...just very busy since DD & GS's moved in with them. 

I also believe it was Nana who made the pin cushions.  I love them!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 9:43 PM

Patti:
MnNancy, was it you DH that made  you that wonderful tool board?

Randy has made some wonderful things, but a tool board is not one of them.  We're having trouble putting names to hand-crafted items today.  Anyone remember that one?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,733
Points 364,762
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 9:49 PM

I think that was Jacy's DH with the ruler storage.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 12:28 AM

Yeah, I think it was Jacy's DH.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 845

Judy, you didn't happen to find my cell phone in there too?  I misplaced it and of course the battery is dead so I can't even call it to find it. 

Robin  Snohomish, WA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 845

That sound like a good excuse to go to the fabric store to me! 

Robin    Snohomish, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,160

Robin Martin:

Judy, you didn't happen to find my cell phone in there too?  I misplaced it and of course the battery is dead so I can't even call it to find it. Robin  Snohomish, WA

(Chuckle).  Bummer when that happens. We are calling my cell phone constantly  to locate it.

Page 2 of 6 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use