Bobbin storage

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 29 Replies | 10 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 190
Jackie Conklin Posted: Sat, Apr 13 2013 3:21 PM

I found a great little plastic container in the craft and jewelry dept. They come in different sizes and have a lid. They are made for separating your beads as you make jewelry but the bobbins fit in the little compartments very nicely.

Jackie

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Points 1,005
barbjahay replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 3:35 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about, they are great for lots of things, I have three stacked up on the shelf right above my sewing machine within easy reach. One for buttons, one for sewing machine needles, and one full of odds and ends like magnets for tote bags etc. I could probably use a couple of more. BARB

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 280
Points 5,325
tnmtgrl replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 7:54 AM

I work in a sporting goods department and found a small plastic box normally used to hold tackle, it's neat because it is double sided and I use one side for my metal bobbins and the other for my plastic ones, they come in two sizes a small and medium...I use the small..each side holds about 24, I have bobbin clips on my bobbins so you could probably get a few more in without  using the clips.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 12:52 AM

Jackie, I have seen these but did not think of using them for bobbins.  Thanks,

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 190

I like the tackle box idea too. Bought one for  my battery storage that worked out well. I'll get another one of those plastic containers for the rest of my sewing tools. Does anyone know how to keep the end of all the threads wrapped around the spools?

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 280
Points 5,325
tnmtgrl replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 9:50 AM

yes there a  few options..Brother sent me this link: www.brothermall.com/accessories/Acessorydetail.aspx?AcessID=XE3060001 , it is for a bobbin clip....they work great....or you can look for the little pink ones, I can't remember their name, or I have seen the clover bobbin tree and also there is a product that looks like a little girls ponytail ring that fit over the bobbins to keep the thread in..I went with the brother one because I had gotten some with one of my machines and loved them and wanted more..they look like this...

they work great and I have no more little tails all over the place...I tried using the link above, it opens on the brother page but says it can't find what you were trying to find...just type in BOBBIN CLIP in the search box and it takes you right to it...they are .50 ea.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 190

OMG I Love this! Do you know if there is anything for spools or do they make them that big? Those tails are driving me crazy!

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 190
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,020
Points 169,518
Marie replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 12:50 PM

Jackie, thank you so much for the bobbin cover site, it's perfect, who'dathunk?  3/4" tubing!

I have another use for that tubing also in 3/4".  I'm an owner of a 1949 Singer Featherweight machine.  In searching for info on how to use and care for it, a piece of that tubing with slits going all around it and part way down will remove the light, which is very hard to remove and replace.  Push the part with the slits in it onto the bulb and rotate the bulb toward the machine and presto it's out.  Do the reverse to replace it, push and twist toward you.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 190

Marie I know and my husband has tons of tubing in his shop. I'm on my way to swipe some. I have a feather weight on my wish list. Just got a Jenome Memory Craft 1100 but it weighs a ton. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,020
Points 169,518
Marie replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 1:53 PM

Jackie, I have the Janome 7700 and I love it!  I know you'll love yours as well.  I'll have to hunt down my basement to see if I have some tubing also.

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

Oh, that tubing idea is marvolous!  Thank you.  I really need some better bobbin organizers.  I've been using a thread box which works well as I can stack 4 bobbins per peg, so can get quite a few in it.  My problem is I have 5 machines and they all take a different bobbin!  I can't believe I ended up with that, but I did.  I'll look at the tackle box idea when I'm in the hardware store tomorrow buying the tubing.  Thanks again!

Brigit-Carol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 10

I use those pill boxes for sorting your pills for the week. I found some large ones at the dollar store and I can fit 4 bobbins in each 'day' I also have the smaller size ones so I can keep the bobbins thati am using for my current project together till the project is done. No more trying to find a bobbin I need among the others

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 10

I use those pill boxes for sorting your pills for the week. I found some large ones at the dollar store and I can fit 4 bobbins in each 'day' I also have the smaller size ones so I can keep the bobbins thati am using for my current project together till the project is done. No more trying to find a bobbin I need among the others

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,146
Points 15,700
Erin replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 12:42 PM

I use these mini pony tail holders I got at the the dollar store.   They work for spools too!

BEFORE

AFTER

Jackie Conklin:

OMG I Love this! Do you know if there is anything for spools or do they make them that big? Those tails are driving me crazy!

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use