Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 325
KathyF Posted: Fri, Apr 12 2013 11:18 AM

that's what is says when I clicked on create an new post.  I am signed in. I called last week because I couldn't get signed in.  We have that problem solved. Have to use Google Chrome for my browser.  I am not comfortable not being able to use Microsoft Internet Explorer. How hope you get that problem solved. But back to my original question. Why can't I take part in the discussions.

Kathy F

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 11:42 AM

Kathy ,I don't have an answer to your question myou will need to call Adm, to get this info , but I do want to mention to you not to put your personal infomation on the threads ,these are open to the public and anyone can get it . You need to go back up to your post and click on the more word at the top of your post ,click on edit and remove your addy , this is for your saftey.  You can post in the private mail you get on your home page. 

I also want to welcome you to the club and I hope you can get the problem worked out . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 12:46 PM

KathyF:
But back to my original question. Why can't I take part in the discussions.

You can sign in and create a general account,  But you have to subscribe to a membership to be able to post to the forum.  I don't know what your statis is. so I can't say for sure what the problem is. I would call admin and see what they say.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,763
Points 365,032
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 2:06 PM

Where are you trying to post? Some groups do not allow anyone but the moderator to start new threads. If this is the case you can participate by replying to an already established discussion.

If you are in the general forum area you could be getting an error message that crops up on occasion.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,995
QCA Admin replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 2:56 PM

Hi KathyF,

I removed your personal info from your post, like Barbara said, anyone can see it. All of the responses are right on, it depends where you are posting and if you are allowed to start a thread or if only moderators can start a thread. Please let us know where you are trying to post and we can help you further.

QCA Mandy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,407
Points 415,669
gini replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 3:42 PM

hi kathy, welcome to the group.   it looks like you posted to this discussion just fine. 

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 5:53 PM

Hi KathyF

You can friend us then send private messages to those who are your friends.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 656
Points 16,605

Wendy :

KathyF:
But back to my original question. Why can't I take part in the discussions.

You can sign in and create a general account,  But you have to subscribe to a membership to be able to post to the forum.  I don't know what your statis is. so I can't say for sure what the problem is. I would call admin and see what they say.

I'm not a member and I post to all areas just fine.  Lately I've been having problems as well, but this site has always been the absolute worst technically.  The only reason I keep coming is the people I've made cyber friends with.  So, no, you do not have to be a member to post.  The only area you have to "join" in order to post is the groups.  And the only way to post there is to click on "reply" in someone's thread. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 325
KathyF replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:44 PM

Thank you for removing the info, I thought I was communicating with just QCA, submitting my problem. 

Kathy F

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 325
KathyF replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:48 PM

Thank you.  I am a member of QCA. That's why I thought I should be able to post.  I will call them Monday.  

Are you doing the Mystery Quilt 8.  Small pieces but it will be interesting to see what it looks like. I am anxious  to see it when it is done.

Kathy F

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:50 PM

Brigit, your page says you joined Aug 2012. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 325
KathyF replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:52 PM

Hi Joni,

Thank you. I'm not on the discussions often. I am doing the Mystery Quilt 8. So I get here at least once a week to get the next step. It is very small pieces but interesting and I'm anxious to see what it looks like when it is done.

Kathy F

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,763
Points 365,032
Kris replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 12:38 AM

Brigit-Carol:
I'm not a member and I post to all areas just fine.

You are a member. Just not a premium member. You have to be logged in to post on the site. Many of us are automatically logged in so we don't think about it.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use