Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 778,085
QCA Admin Posted: Mon, Apr 8 2013 3:18 PM

Hello All,

It has come to our attention that people are unsuccessful creating premium accounts when using Internet Explorer as their Internet browser. Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser if you want to create a premium membership. 

Thank you to all who have called and emailed us.

QCA Admin

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 5:58 PM

Internet explorer is no longer being supported, so if you are using this and your computer is running very slow, this might be the issue.   DD switched me to chrome and things worked very fast again. I' m not happy with all of chrome's features, but it's better than a slug computer.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 11:19 AM

Just call the 800 number...quick and easy...nice folks to deal with.

888 253 0203

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 790
Points 20,040
Carol replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 10:30 PM

How do I know if my computer has Internet Explorer?  Guess that's a stupid question, but I have no clue!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 613
Points 10,605
zoetc49 replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 10:36 PM

I tried to get on with Fire Fox too an hour ago and it would not let me on, just like IE.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 3:53 PM

I have always used Firefox and the pages are still slow to load.  I guess we probably need a computer upgrade.  This one's kinda old. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,816
Points 365,822
Kris replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 4:02 PM

QCA is sluggish no matter what browser or operating system I use. I mainly use Safari on Mac or Windows. Occasionally I use Firefox. No other websites give me the kind of trouble I have here.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,120

I always use Safari and have noticed a remarkable decline recently in the speed of loading pages. This only happens with this site. My Safari works well with all of my other sites. Hmmm I think they may have more than one browser that is incompatible with their site. That doesn't make them very user friendly. For the Mac users, I have too much invested in my Apple products to choose this site over my iMac, iPad and iPhone. Safari is a very popular browser so I'm not sure what their thinking is to tell people to use Chrome or Foxfire. They really need to fix this issue. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 12:03 AM

I've always used Chrome on my laptop and it beats IE (on my desktop) hands down.  

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 48
Points 515
katylovitt replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 10:52 PM

If there is a big thick blue e with a gold ring around it that you click on to browse the web you are using Internet Explorer. If so, up in the right hand corner directly under the red x there should be a 'house icon' a 'star icon' and a wheel with cogs on it that looks like a gear. Click on the gear and you will have a list of tools and things you can do, like magnify, print, etc. The last line will say 'About Internet Explorer." If you click on that, it wil tell you what version you have installed on your computer. I had version 9 and was automatically upgraded to version 10. Version 10 would not let me login to QCA, so I uninstalled it and am using version 9 with no problems. Hopefully, if enough people complain to Microsoft they will fix the problem which I'm sure they can do easily enough.

Good luck,

Katy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 790
Points 20,040
Carol replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 11:09 PM

Thanks, Katy, so now I know I have version 8 - they keep asking me to update, but I've also heard the newer one is not good, so haven't added the update.  Should I get the version 9?  I seem to be doing all right with the one I have, except sites like Craftsy telling me it's outdated!                                            

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,756
Points 66,925
Bonita replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 3:49 PM

I just got a new computer and tried to log on, but no luck. This new one has IE 10.So went and downloaded Google Chrome and here I am. Only took a short time to download as I didn't choose any of the extras. I'm a happy camper. once again. 

Not Ranked
Posts 48
Points 515

Carol,

I haven't had any problems with version 9, but it is set up a little differently than version 8 and my husband doesn't like it as well. I have Chrome but only use it for banking and credit cards as I heard that was safer.

Katy

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

I have always used Google Chrome. My DSIL installed it for me when my dear sweet daughter, the programmer, rebuilt my computer 2 years ago. I also use Chrome on my laptop and I-phone. I am very lucky to have 4 computer geeks in my family. Only 2 live close enough to help me though.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 12:00 PM

Carol,I have version 9 and I have started noting that I'm having alot of problems with it. When I go to my email and try to click on a web site ,I have started getting messeages that IE is not responding ,sometimes it goes on thru and sometimes not.  I'm seriously considering switching to google chrome. I'm getting really tired of the problems on  IE.  I don't know what their issue is but its getting frustrating.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use