Page 2 of 4 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 58 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 6:36 AM

Barbara, I love your GFG flowers.   That is going to be a very pretty quilt if I can judge by what you have done so far.     But then, everything you do seems to turn out wonderfully.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 6:52 AM

Ginny you are so kind thanks .I love the new avatar .Is that you and a grand baby?  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 6:54 AM

Thanks Pamela, WOW ho lucky to find some already cut, wish I could be that lucky. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 425
Points 9,215
Pamela replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 8:15 AM

Yeah, that's what I thought. Someone else's UFO.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 8:52 AM

Yep, Barbara, that is Aden and I on Easter, after I had (helped?) fix most of the dinner. Thus the apron.  LOL   Ginny

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 900
johanne replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 9:31 AM

Can we start a new group????? If so how is it done.????

• | Post Points: 0
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 9:39 AM

johanne:

Can we start a new group????? If so how is it done.????

Im not sure, if you shout really loudly BARBARA she will hear you and tell you if its viable sometimes theres not enough interest  although i wonder if its worthwhile adding it to the hand quilting and hand work thread, i did mention it on that thread but because there was only a couple of us doing it, it sank without a trace.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 9:42 AM

Barbara,

I love your flowers is that 1930s reproduction fabric you are using.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 9:48 AM

Pamela:

Barbara-lovely blocks. I picked up a tin full of pre-cut hexies for a GFG at a flea market. Still on my "to do" list. 

Pamela,

I hope you were luckier with your buy than i was with mine, i bid on some on ebay from the pictures they looked fine, when i received them they were terrible none of the hexagons were the same size, the fabrics were lots of flouresent courdroy fabrics which took an age to get a needle through, so they ended up in the bin.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 9:52 AM

Ginny:

Frances,  I love your hexies.  Which one do you think you will finish first?    Ginny

Ginny,

I have to say i dont think of finishing them i just keep plodding away at them, the mug rugs first hopefully and then probably the Asian fabric one since i love kona bay fabrics so i really enjoy that one.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 10:07 AM

Since you started this thread its got me thinking i think i might start a sampler quilt using different EPP types such as GFG, clam shells, tumbling blocks, field of diamonds and then appliqueing them onto a 12" square, so it would be fairly quick to put together.

lots of love

Francesxxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 10:30 AM

johanne:
I am hooked on EPP. Started last fall with 1/4 inch, and when I seen the size, I thought what have I got myself into

Would love to see a photo of a block made with your itty bitty pieces - maybe with coin in the picture to illustrate the scale.  I'm in awe of those who love working with small things.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 10:31 AM

Frances ,thanks for the kind words, I like your idea about the quilt ,I may have to think hard about that . Right now I'm just doing a wall hanging  its out of the current issue of Quiltmaker magazine.  I just loved it.  so since its my first ,keep your fingers crossed I can get it all done ..LOL  I did ask Kris if she would open a thread in the PP group for Epp so we can chat and post pictures there.  I have not heard back form her yet. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 10:32 AM

Frances, I did not realize there were different types of EPP, other than for the GFG.  You come up with some great ideas and I like the sampler quilt idea.

i also like that Johanne started this thread for EPP even if there is not a group formed this would be a good place for questions from newbies, like me.

from TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 10:37 AM

Any one want to join me making an EPP sampler quilt, I love company. I will probably design it as i go. I wont start on it until next weekend since im off on holiday Wednesday to Norfolk no internet so no computer :-(

Lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 95
Page 2 of 4 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use