healther life styles weight loss

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 155
12Months Posted: Sun, Apr 7 2013 12:28 AM

I'm on board just weigh myself today 248 about 5'7" I have proplems excersing as I have much back pain & trauma from accident also I have lymphodemis in my right leg with a very bad right knee also from accident.I just got some diet pills today see how much they help with all of you,hope we can all stay motivated.

I need to get down toat least 200  180 would be incrediable haven't ben that since I don't know when. I also often only eat one meal a day but the say that we need to fuel our bodies constantely just like a wood fire,not eating at least 2 hours before bed that's another problem I don't sleep well at all they say that is also very imprortant to get at leat 8 hours a night ,Im lucky if I get 5 and that 's in a recliner becuse I can't sleep in bed because of my back.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 1:05 PM

Hi 12Months, and welcome to QCA.

I think you were looking for the "Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living" formerly Weight Loss Challenge 2013 New Years Resolution. I'm not good at creating links in messages, but hopefully someone else will jump in here and give you a link to that thread.  (You can get there by going to "Off Topics" via the Message Board, then scrolling down until you find this thread.  Click on it and just hit reply to any of the messages posted there.

I really wanted to reply directly to you about some of your issues as I can hear you are really struggling.  As you know, one meal a day is a BIG part of your problems.  I would start with identifying foods you like that are relatively healthy...not loaded with sugar (cookies, candies, etc.) or salt (chips, many prepared foods).  Personally, things I like are 2% cottage cheese with avocado, steel-cut oatmeal, chobani greek-yogurt, graham crackers(my treats), lean cuisine meals, salads with low fat & sugar dressings...just to name a few.

Then when you have a list of foods that you are OK with, put yourself on a schedule where you eat at least a snack (a yogurt, carrot sticks, graham cracker) every two hours with a meal of around 300-500 calories every four hours.  So, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, snack, dinner, and maybe a snack two hours after dinner.  Generally speaking you shouldn't be eating ANYTHING after dinner, but to start out, I would say a small snack within two hours of your last meal of the day would be OK...gradually working to make that a very light snack (for example a frozen fruit juice bar (25 calories from Dreyers)). 

You didn't mention if you are diabetic.  Of course, if that is the case you need to be under a doctors supervision and your diet needs to be based on controlling your insulin levels.  I am NOT an expert on that, but do have three diabetic sisters...so I know you need more than me for those issues!!!!

Assuming you are not diabetic, I think getting your eating patterns under control will help you a lot.  But, as everyone on here knows, I am a big proponent of exercise in whatever form you are capable of...even if it is laying on your back or sitting in a chair.  So, once you are ready just let me know, and I will be full of suggestions...LOL!

Let us know how you are doing in a few days on the "Life-Style Changes" thread...

p.s.  IMHO, don't by the diet pills, or if you did take them back!!!  There not good for you and will not help you long-term!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 3:05 PM

Hi 12 months.  This is the discussion Donna was talking about.  I find it's been nice to have this discussion going with others, we encourage and learn from each other, and for me, it helps me be accountable. 

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 3:09 PM

I am having problems linking this, guess I will just go post on that discussion to bring it forward again.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use