FMQ over Attic Windows design?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 230
Robin posted on Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:33 PM

I am making my first ever "Attic Windows" wall hanging and am to the point of FMQ or not. I can't decide if I should FMQ all over the windows and hanging or just stitch in the ditch around the different sections. I am at a loss so put it down for the night. What would you do? Thanks for any advice!

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,760 Posts
Points 247,454

Robin it would really help to see a picture of your top , then we can  give you  some better  suggestions . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 0
Top 150 Contributor
Female
411 Posts
Points 8,995
Pamela replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 10:40 AM

Robin:
I am making my first ever "Attic Windows" wall hanging and am to the point of FMQ or not.

Is there special fabric in the attic window part of the design? You may not want the quilting to distract from the image. I have an Attic Window block in a sampler quilt and the longarm quilter did different all-over quilting in the different block sections. The window had a different quilting design than the side and bottom frame sections. You should easily be able to quilt across the wallhanging without having to stop by ending in a seam before moving to the next patch section. Just think about where you're at, to keep the quilting the same.

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use