Hand quilting my Grandmother's Flower Garden... Help!!`

Page 4 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 46 Replies | 10 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 845

Not really into the whole EPP thing.  I would rather cut them out then pencil mark my 1/4 inch seam and just sew.  The smaller ones are harder to do that way.  I have seen some EPP small ones that didn't stay together as well as those done without.  I have been taking them with me when I go to doctor appts or anywhere I am going to have to sit a bit.  I have lots of remarks from other people.  I was selling raffle tickets outside a quilt shop for Shop Hop and one lady pulled up a chair and watched everything I did.  Then went back in the quilt shop and got a templet and material and came back out and got directions on how to start.  I really enjoyed it.  She hadn't tried the pattern before because it looked so difficult with all the y seams.  But after watching me do a couple of blocks, she was anxious to go home and start one.  I wish I had gotten her email to see how she did.

Robin

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
jeanp1 replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 10:50 PM

Hi, I've heard of a technique where you do just the 2 innermost sides, then tunnel to the next hexagon and repeat. When you get back to starting hex, quilt the remaining 4 sides, tunnel and repeat. 

• | Post Points: 5
Page 4 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use