Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 7,395
Julienne replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:30 AM

I have not found a sharpener that has truly sharpened my blades ( I have only borrowed 2 different ones to test them first before buying from some fellow quilters) and I found that they never were any sharper once the process was done. The best blades in my opinion are the Fiskers. They last the longest for the buck. I am still on the same one I bought 8 months ago with out it needing to be sharpened and I have cut a ton of fabric.  So I gave up looking for a sharpener and I will stick with the Fiskers and just purchase a new blade when I need to. ~ Julienne 

Julienne - Mid Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 11:57 AM

Agnes:

Ginny:
I finally went to the LP Sharp site and ordered my blades.

I always use these folks now when I need blades. They will knock a buck a blade off if you return blade for blade, no matter size or manufacturer. Site addy: http://www.lpsharp.com/3.html

I make sure I order enough in advance to never have to buy blades anywhere else. Local price is almost triple what the blades from LP Sharp cost me.

Ginny and Agnes, is the LP Sharp site still in business?  I've been trying to access it for awhile and no luck.  I even googled the name and then went from there without any luck...site was not accessible.  I am hoping it is a temporary problem, because I would love to give their blades a try!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 12:31 PM

I am with you Julienne.  I just stick with the fiskars blades.  I get mine at Walmart , so I don't worry about the cost.  Walmart is at least an hour from where I live' so evertime I go there I just throw a few packs in my basket.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,606
Points 52,025
Ginny replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 2:42 PM

Donna B, I see what you mean about lpsharpco not coming up when you try to access it.  On facebook though, I did get an address and phone #.   Address is PO Box 85, Gilman, Mn.  Phone # is: 320-387-3030.  I haven't ordered anything since last year though.  Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 4:55 PM

Ginny:
Donna B, I see what you mean about lpsharpco not coming up when you try to access it. 

Thanks Ginny, I will try calling them when I get home from Oregon next week.

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,338
Points 30,455
Agnes replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 8:23 AM

LP Sharp was very much alive and in business a month ago when I received my latest order. No matter what I try their site is still coming up for me. Hope you girls have luck. By the way,  I order Olfa blades and they are the five pack as found in any store, blister packed on hanging cards. What's not to like when paying $25 for 5 60 mm blades?  By returning old blades I am not putting them in the landfill and saving a buck each. Paying in US currency means there is no handling or shipping fee to Canada. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 12:34 PM

Agnes:

LP Sharp was very much alive and in business a month ago when I received my latest order. No matter what I try their site is still coming up for me. Hope you girls have luck. By the way,  I order Olfa blades and they are the five pack as found in any store, blister packed on hanging cards. What's not to like when paying $25 for 5 60 mm blades?  By returning old blades I am not putting them in the landfill and saving a buck each. Paying in US currency means there is no handling or shipping fee to Canada. 

Interesting...so you were able to get to their website... hmmmmm.  Will they give you a credit from any returned blades, not just theirs?  What a deal!  Since I'm in US, I will still be paying S&H I'm sure.

I will definitely try again! 

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 2:14 PM

Donna, I clicked on the link and their web page came right up. Maybe try it again.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use