Using a drafting hydraulic chair

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
18 Posts
Points 200
Tammy Cummins posted on Thu, Apr 4 2013 1:20 PM

Can anyone give me some advice on using a hydraulic chair I've had to have unexpected surgery on my foot I had heel spurs and knew I would have to have them worked on soon but my achilies tendon descided it was past time and I had to have it a few weeks ago and of course now I'm behind and was already working two jobs but am also going stir crazy do any of you all work with a hydraulic chair behind your quilting machines any help would be greatly appreciated I had been so busy to barely be able to read everyone elses post lately but now have time to actually work on finishing up some UFO's and working on a new batik top I saw in a keepsake quilting sales book.. thanks so much in advance. Tammy---this ladybug quilts ---or wants to!!!

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Not Ranked
Female
7 Posts
Points 155
Tammy replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 2:31 PM

So sorry to hear about your surgery hope you are feeling better I have the same issues going on but not brave enough to get it done....both achillies and heel pain here too...sorry I cant help with the chair question do you mean its a chair that goes up or down according to where you set it???at the push of a lever??  By the way I like your first name...I've always said Im the oldest Tammy in the USA my dad named me I was born at the end of world war 2......

Tammy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

My sewing machine is set in a counter that is kitchen height, so I use a hydraulic drafting chair instead of a regular height chair and it works very well for me.  Of course, I'm tall, so I don't have any trouble getting into this taller chair.  I did have to figure out how to mount the sewing machine's foot pedal up off the floor - the cord from the machine was not long enough to reach the floor.

I'm talking about a regular sewing machine in this setup.   Are you talking about a quilting machine/frame?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
18 Posts
Points 200

Thanks Tammy I'm 54 myself I'm really hoping I can get my chair I've ordered to work for me as of right now I'm putting my surgery leg up into a desk size hydraulic chair and moving it with my leg but its bruising up my left leg to no end and my grandchildren are working with my clamps for me so it keeps me from going from one side of the machine to the other. I had to give up and have my surgery my achilies tendon was close to rupturing and they had to grind part of my heel off as well as the spurs. I work full time in a factory and stand on my feet all day and then I come home and almost always go to my little shop and to go from doing this all day almost everyday for at least the last 5 yrs to sitting is driving me crazy. I did get to do some piece work today and I have a handicapped sister that likes to embroider and i set some of her blocks together today to make two tops for two of our nephews for gifts I will quilt them for her also.  She uses tons of thread more than needed but it makes her happy and thats all that matters.. Thanks so much for your help..... Ms Tammy   this ladybug quilts......

Not Ranked
Female
18 Posts
Points 200

My machine is a longarm but really hoping I can make this work for me as its working me to death trying to drag a regular office chair along with my foot I've had surgery on but going stir crazy being down for so long I've ordered the drafting chair and hoping it will roll along smoother thanks for your help.....in stitches... Tammy

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use