Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,040

ls2116:

I've never had a wood burner, but isn't it plain unsafe to leave it burning unattended?

Actually I feel more comfortable with my wood furnace than I do with my electric radiant heat from 1960 that shorted out in a couple of places and left brown scorch arks in my ceiling. Our wood furnace is not in he house so everything is supposed to be contained outside...supposed to be...right!  I guess it's all in what you are used to and comfortable. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,040

Thanks for the fabric air out suggestions. I think I'll 

pull fabrics I'm going to use and if they smell like smoke then hang them on a clothes line. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,496
Points 30,450
Diana replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 6:12 AM

And if you have any stains from the smoke, if you wait until you have a nice green lawn, spread the fabric on the green grass and let the sun shine on it.  Between the chlorophyll and the sun it will bleach the stains right out.   I've done this and it really works.  Don't know why, but it does.  hehe

Diana in East Tn. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,040

Diana, I've never heard of this before but will give it a try. Thanks!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 7:42 AM

Maggie

I have a wood-burning stove in the house.  I also have a very nice and efficient electric furnace.  I love to light a log in the stove, it just brings in a warmth that no heater can do.

Sorry about your smoke out...I've had my share of those, have to get chinmey cleaned every year and birds and squirrels love to next in it...still haven't figured out how they do that, I have big cover on it.

Friend chopped the the apple tree down to 6 ft., got a loft of nice apple logs for this coming winter, the good Lord willing and Jesus tarries.  I love the smell of apple wood.  I sleep in the loft and just love the warm cozy feeling when I go up to bed...and yes nothing beats the smell of a nice wood burning fire, or the warmth it provides...it is definitely a different kind of warmth.

OOPS!  Almost forgot the temp now is a chilly 50 and heading into the low 80's again today.  I'm so ready for a nice long spring, yes I know, I will take what the good Lord gives me.  A girl can dream...lol.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 8:16 AM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

gini:

i live in paradise

Wow, I've always wondered what paradise looked like. Looks like I'm going to have to take a motorcycle trip to Northern Idaho. Any lakes?

Gini lives on the shore of the 43-mile-long beautiful Lake Pend Oreille.  You should definitely aim your bike in that direction!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandpoint,_Idaho

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 8:29 AM

Lots and lots of lakes in Michigan, Maggie.     Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,040

Joni:

OOPS!  Almost forgot the temp now is a chilly 50 and heading into the low 80's again today.  I'm so ready for a nice long spring, yes I know, I will take what the good Lord gives me.  A girl can dream...lol.

Joni, Low 80s?  You skipped spring and jumped into summer!  I need 60 to 70 degree temps to get my spring yard work done and garden planted. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,040

MNnancy:

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

gini:

i live in paradise

Wow, I've always wondered what paradise looked like. Looks like I'm going to have to take a motorcycle trip to Northern Idaho. Any lakes?

Gini lives on the shore of the 43-mile-long beautiful Lake Pend Oreille.  You should definitely aim your bike in that direction!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandpoint,_Idaho

Do you think she might let us pitch our tent on the shore area so we could ooo and ahhh the view and listen to the waves?  It wouldn't take much to convince me to take a bike trip in her direction. LOL

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,040

Ginny:

Lots and lots of lakes in Michigan, Maggie.     Ginny

Ginny, we love Michigan. Nancy knows my DH loves Minnesota too since he was raised in Mötley. One of his best friends still lives there. We just know Illinois is not for us!  LOL If they keep convicting governors voted in by dead people in Chicago, Illinois won't be fit for the living. Hahaha

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:55 PM

Oh yes Maggie, I know. Just after I wrote that comment, I thought to myself, hmmm why did you say that?  Maggie and DH tour Michigan frequently on his motorcycle.  LOL     Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,040

Too funny Gini!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use