Page 4 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 50 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,784
gini replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 9:56 AM

Donna, you summed up very well the reason I continue to pay the dues.   If everyone quits paying, the site will close.  Even with all the technical  problems here, I like this site better than any of the others I belong to.  Th e friendships made here are priceless.   

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,678
Points 120,545

Donna B:
ut without this site I would not have met an amazing group of wonderful people who happen to be quilters.

Ain't that absolute truth!

Donna B:
face it, there isn't that much advertising on this site, the membership seems to be their main revenue source).  I really don't want to be a part of ending something this wonderful (in the big scope of things).

Donna, one of my clients is a membership based organization. Member fees are actually a small part of their income. I suspect, but don't know, that QCA does have many paid sponsors such as those who offer us discounts, links to other sites etc. I doubt if QCA gives that away free. Membership is crucial more as numbers for attracting sponsors and advertisers who don't want to pay fees unless they are reaching XX number of potential customers.

You and Patti make good points. I would wither up and blow away without QCA not to mention missing all the wonderful people I've met.  

I recognize that it's very expensive to maintain a database website of this magnitude. I think my MAIN frustration is the lack of communication from QCA. Once in a great while, after lots of pressure, they send us a message about how they "are working on it". <sigh>.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 10:20 AM

I love this site and will always be a paying member, I know this site has issues ,but as of now that is out of the hands of adm. this is mostly a server problem and hopefully they will eventually get it worked out.  I don't always  thanks the ladies that try their best to keep things running smoothly but I do really appreciate them . I love all the wonderful friendships I have made here and to me that is worth the cost of membership ..  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 11:16 AM

I agree, Barbara, and I can't wait to meet some of the great quilters on this site.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,836
Points 366,177
Kris replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 2:33 PM

Barbara:
I know this site has issues ,but as of now that is out of the hands of adm. this is mostly a server problem and hopefully they will eventually get it worked out.

I think it may be out of the hands of the admin people we talk to but the powers that be at QCA can do something about the server they choose to use for their site.

They remain silent for too long. 

This thread is for reporting issues yet we find members are the only ones replying 95% of the time. Shouldn't someone from QCA be addressing these problems as well?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Points 1,005
barbjahay replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 3:16 PM

I have enjoyed my membership, I dont use all the beneifts but I have made new friends. I live in a rural area and the nearest Joanns is l00 miles away, I have used the free shiping at KQ, and free patterns and mag for ideas. I try to take time once a week to check in and see whats going on and watch some videos. It has helped me stay connected since I cannot get out much to socialize with friends and other quilters. Its like therapy. It took me awhile to find my way around the site, still learning. You never no when I will pop-up and say "Hello". The MQ7 pattern was great, I have made two and want to make more. Wish I had more time but I would rather be sewing. BARB

Page 4 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use