Page 3 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 50 Replies | 14 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 190
Dianne replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 8:11 PM

I joined a few weeks ago & haven't gotten anything - but, I am new to membership stuff & probably need a tutorial on what to expect! :)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 7,395
Julienne replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 11:11 AM

Dianne,

You really need to explore the website, especially the box to the left of the screen where it says Premium Member Benefits. There are things to sign up for in there that allow you to get things at discounts or get discount cards such as a JoAnns discount card and your membership card to QCA. This is where you also sign up for QNNTV.com which is free to you and has alot of great thing to watch. This is also where you can get your other subscriptions. Let me know if you run into trouble,

~ Julienne

Julienne - Mid Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

I love all the benefits. The amount of free patterns is worth it to me.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,705

I also get a great deal out of this website. I don't use enough of the premium membership perks such as videos and free patterns. But they are there if I want them. I do get my membership fee back in Joann's discounts so it's worth it just for that perk.

I, like others, are real frustrated with the site itself; how slow it can be, being down so often.  I threaten this every year, but if it's not worked out by the time my premium membership comes up in February 2014, I won't pay the fee again. I'll just be a regular, non paying member until they get the bugs out.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 1:26 PM

I have to say i love being a member, since im in the uk i dont benefit from the discount at jo-anns, but i do learn so much from here and i have become friends with so many great people if this site wasnt here i would be lost, plus Mnancy is trying to Americanise me where else can you get that kind of education. Ginis taught me Applique, Nanas taught me how to do a Mystery Quilt and everytime im on the site i learn something new, I couldnt ask for more.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,705

Frances:
I have to say i love being a member, since im in the uk i dont benefit from the discount at jo-anns, but i do learn so much from here

Frances. I agree with you on the learning experience here on QCA. I doubt if I would have made most of the quilts without all the help, ideas, swaps, mystery quilts and friendly folks.

But, you can get all that without paying to be a premium member. That's what I'm considering when my premium membership comes up next time. I'll stay as a member on QCA but just won't purchase the premium package. At least, not until they get the website bugs worked out.

I also realize it's kind of a thorny thing. If people don't pay for the premium membership, QCA may not have the funds to upgrade the website. But, if they don't get the website upgraded and bugs ironed out, people won't pay the extra.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 2:42 PM

Judy,

Over here we dont have programmes on tv about quilting so although i dont use it too its full potential the Qnntv bit is worth its weight in gold.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 3:18 PM

Frances:
since im in the uk i dont benefit from the discount at jo-anns,

You get a discount from Keepsake Quilting and Jojo's Quilt Shoppe both of which ship internationally.

When I joined QCA (2008) membership was $75 and there was no place to chat etc. They did send a goodie box with thread samples, DVDs, fabric packs and coupons from various sponsors. The price now is much better (obviously) and most of the benefits are the same.

Free patterns used to be from designers exclusively for QCA but now most of the free patterns can be found on manufacturers websites.  

I enjoy QNNtv so, while I quit being a premium member on QCA I kept QNNtv. I'm still having heaps of trouble with QCA but I do plan on upgrading back to premium soon.

The best benefit for me is the friends I've made as a result of being here.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 7:48 AM

I love QCA, have been a member from the beginning...I THINK!

i HAVE HAD TIMES OF GREAT IRRITATION, BUT ADMIN HAS ALWAYS BEEN GRACIOUS AND QUICK TO REMEDY WHAT EVER MY PROBLEM WAS AT THAT TIME.

Oops! sorry for the loud voice, not going to retype it but I'm really not yelling at anyone.  I have had no benefit from JoAnn's, never buy the right product for the deep discounts.  Find most of their fabric inferior (JHMO).

I do love QNNtv.com, have had the opportunity to learn many new techniques and found many many things I would love to make, at my senior age I'll probably never complete all my wish list, but will definitely enjoy the projects that I manage to complete.

I always enjoyed the surprises received from renewing my membership...so sad that is no longer happening.  I've been sor fortunate to make many new friends, loved the VB Retreat, looking forward to the next one.  And meeting and getting to know Marge, aka Dimples, has really made my jaunts to AST more fun.  She is such a bubbly personality, very talented and dedicated quilter and a special quilty friend.

Looking forward to renewing my membership and continuing to meet and enjoy more of you wonderful peoples.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 8:21 AM

Kris

Membership is $29.95 premium,  I know that QNNtv comes free with premium membership.   Thanks to this club I had the great pleasure of meeting you and your husband at VB, along with so many others.  I miss y'all and your laughter and stories.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 2:19 PM

I don't think the little box of samples is still being given out with membership.   Just the membership card and the magazine as well as the discounts from various sponsors.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 1:08 AM

Joni:
Kris

Membership is $29.95 premium,

Joni it used to be $75 way back when.

Joni:
Thanks to this club I had the great pleasure of meeting you and your husband at VB, along with so many others.  I miss y'all and your laughter and stories.

Yes that was wonderful. I enjoyed our meal at Waffle House and the walks on the beach.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 7:29 AM

While I have been frustrated many times with the problems on this site, I have never regretted joining.  I don't watch the videos much anymore, as my computer is slow and I don't like the long pauses, and voices not matching lips, etc.  But when I think back to all the fun I have had and the friends I have made, I see how much it has enriched my life. 

It is time to pay my membership dues again, and I will.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 9:36 AM

Patti:

While I have been frustrated many times with the problems on this site, I have never regretted joining.  I don't watch the videos much anymore, as my computer is slow and I don't like the long pauses, and voices not matching lips, etc.  But when I think back to all the fun I have had and the friends I have made, I see how much it has enriched my life. 

It is time to pay my membership dues again, and I will.

I too get very frustrated with the technical problems on this site, but without this site I would not have met an amazing group of wonderful people who happen to be quilters.  Like Patti, when I think of all the fun moments I have shared here and at the retreats, the site has been priceless for me.  I wouldn't trade it for anything!

And yes, I know I don't need to pay to play on here and meet and share with all of you.  BUT, if everyone stops paying we are guaranteeing the site will collapse/shut down eventually (face it, there isn't that much advertising on this site, the membership seems to be their main revenue source).  I really don't want to be a part of ending something this wonderful (in the big scope of things).  I have given this a lots of thought. Do I tell ADMIN what I think by hitting them in the pocketbook like so many have?  That's reasonable, considering all the technical issues we deal with on a regular basis here.  Or, do I pay (with reservations) for another year hoping they will make progress and bring this site up to date technically? (I went through the same thing last year, so the question for me is "how many years will I be willing to 'keep the faith' that QCA Admin will bring this site up to snuff.?)

I am still on the fence, but I am leaning toward paying my dues(in May)...again this year.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,524
gini replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 9:56 AM

Donna, you summed up very well the reason I continue to pay the dues.   If everyone quits paying, the site will close.  Even with all the technical  problems here, I like this site better than any of the others I belong to.  Th e friendships made here are priceless.   

gini in north idaho

Page 3 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use