Page 2 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 50 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 497
Points 10,005
tnmtgrl replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 8:58 PM

I don't know ...I don't remember reading anything about it, then I saw the other posts and was curious...

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 12:42 AM

tnmtgrl:

I don't know ...I don't remember reading anything about it, then I saw the other posts and was curious...

When I joined last August I received my Joanns card and magazines, there was no box of samples. It would have been nice though.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 7:27 AM

I never saw any mention of a "box" of anything. Unless it is love, giggles, tears and sheer joy from the other members!!

I got what everyone else did. Membership card, Joanns card and then the magazine.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

2 years and nothing for my subscription either, I have stopped all F/P magazines and  JoAnn Fabrics should do something to  get F/P to put out.  I changed to other stores and sites.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 90

Dee,

How unfortunate that you have these feelings about your subscription to this site.  I am a long-time member, have recommended many friends to the Club, and have gained many benefits from both the on-line resources as well as the F/P printed media.  The free patterns alone have been well worth the yearly dues, not to mention access to the video tutorials.  Is there any help we can give you to change your mind.

Another Dee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,552
Points 245,982
Thea replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 7:26 PM

I have been a member - paid - since QCA was first started and I have to actually say the price was much higher in the beginning and I felt even then that I got my monies worth.  I love QNNtv - If I want to learn a new technique or see something any time of night, I can go over there and see it - the quilt shows that were never ever in any area that I lived are great.  You get to see new shows Quilt out Loud(which I understand now has been cancelled), Quilt it which is great for new long armers and gives me ideas too as a domestic sewing machine machine quilter - Quilty with Mary Fons - although not my favorite of the programs does give some good ideas for beginners - and great tutorials.  So many many programs for any quilter to help them become better.  

then the other discounts - one from keepsake which is free shipping - and that is sometimes worth its weight in gold these days... Discounts not only at JoAnn's but other stores as well - and other free things.  I love Easy Quilt magazine - it has changed over the years but when it had the opportunity for a regular person to get there quilt in the magazine I thought that was awesome but I love the easy made quilts - 

I do think the site here needs more work - I am not sure why there is always a problem with the server - why almost every day depending on what time you get on - either it is extremely slow or you can't get on at all - that bothers me a lot... but I take it in stride most days... 

I do not believe that there is any goodie bag anymore - trying to get the things to send out was more problems for the small staff and keeping that organized got lost somewhere... not sure why but who knows - I do know that I have made many many good quilt friends on here that just having that interaction has more then been payment for my price of my subscription.  

If the server got fixed once and for all - I would be more then happy!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 9:44 PM

I think my subscription is worth it. I use the Joann's discounts quite often. I have to say I have even learned to order fabric online with specials from other places thanks to QCA. I enjoy the magazine as well. I love the things I learn no matter if about quilting, my machine, gift ideas, or just simple things such as how to do something completely unrelated. I cherish the people I have met here. I was MIA for a while and no matter what was going on certain things made me think of a few special ladies I met here and it always brought a smile to me. I was delighted when I returned several where still here....Thanks QCA!

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,980
ls2116 replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:31 PM

Don't you have to be a paid member to take part in groups?  

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:54 PM

you can take part in a group without being a paid member. 

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 135

I have been a member since Sept 2012 & have only received one magazine. How do you get discounts  at Joanns? Also how do members access other benefits? thanks : )

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 11:01 PM

carol, if you are a paid member, then i would contact admin about your magazines and joann's discounts

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 11:05 PM

they only publish 4 mags a year and you probably wouldn't have gotten the fall issue.  so i think you only would have recieved one by now iwth another soon to come. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 12:22 AM

Carol, go to the sponsor page and look up the Jo-Ann link  it tells  you how to get the discount card ,you have to order it. Easy to do, they mail it right to your house.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 79
Points 1,975
WeeOne replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 1:06 AM

UPDATE.  I did receive an email from admin., also known as fogbugz.  Who came up with that name?? LOL  Oops, probably showing my age!

Anyway, they say they didn't get my email from the 27th of March.  I copied it into my return email.  I guess someone messed up my address, had half WY and half TX, guarantee that the magazines, etc. didn't find me that way.  I guess the box of goodies ended a couple years ago.  I corrected my address with them and they say they will send my magazines, etc. quickly.

I'm sorry some of you have become upset over my post.  I joined when this site first started.  There are many good things about it.  I don't always get the chance to make the most of it, but that lack of time is my fault not this web site.  I do use my card to get the JoAnn's discount.  I also like the videos, and need to watch them more.  I enjoy the forum, but find it harder to connect, find things, etc. with the web site change which took place a while ago, now.  When it started it was real easy, but I guess the geek guys need to keep their job.  That's the only reason I see to make changes to something that works fine.  AND I'm not just talking here, I'm talking about most web sites.

Bottom line....admin. did email as they said they would.  I should have my magazines soon.  Also the dvd and member card.

Lyn

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 2:10 AM

WeeOne ,glad it got all worked out . ADM,is usally verygood about getting back to you . BArbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 2 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use