Page 1 of 4 (51 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 50 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 79
Points 1,975
WeeOne Posted: Tue, Apr 2 2013 10:20 AM

This web site if about to lose my business!  I renewed last November, before my sub. ran out.  First they changed my date to cheat me out of several days.  I called and they fixed that.  But, I have never received the box of stuff you are suppose to get and I'm not receiving my magazines.  I called a few weeks back and let a message.  NO one called back.  Now you look at 'contact us' and there is no phone number.  I emailed on 3/27 and haven't heard a thing!!!  And yes, I did check my spam file to see if the email was in there.  Think back to a year ago, I had the same problem, but was able to call and they got it fixed.  Are ya'll trying to tell me that you don't want me as a member?

Anyone know what the heck is going on here??

Lyn

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 10:32 AM

Sorry to tell you this, but, it' the same song, different day.

I had a paid subscription year before last. Took months to get my "benefits". Then, they were lost on me becuase there was no Joann's close enough to use (my fault) and it took forever to get the mag. Stupidly, I re-up'd this past year. Never got my cards, or mag. So, cancelled. They did refund my subscription price. I am hanging as a non-paid member. Can do everything, just no cards, no mag (bought that myself) and no QNNTV. I didn't watch that anyway. So, get your money back and just hang around.

This could be a really great site, if there was anyone there to fix the problems. Lights are on, but.....

What surprises me is this is through Fons and Porter. I would have thought better of their organization.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 5,845
Jenia replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 10:36 AM

I just joined a few weeks ago and have not received a box, I didn't even realize I was suppose to get one? I was kind of expecting a membership card or something like that so that I can get a discount at JoAnn fabrics etc.

I think the subscriptions are online, is that right?  So you won't actually see anything come in the mail for magazines (that's how I understood it anyway).

Even without receiving a box of goodies, I think the subscription is worth it.  I have so enjoyed chatting with the folks here and just to have a place to get and give ideas is good for me.  I think the free patterns are well worth the price of subscription.

It's also nice to have a place to post photos of your projects and get feedback from people who are "experts" in the field.  Sure my family and friends say my quilts are beautiful, but they are biased as my family and friends.  It's different when virtual strangers say something nice. It's also nice to bounce ideas off of folks who have been there and one that, especially as a beginner.

These virtual strangers will become friends, there is no doubt. 

I have been involved in a bicycling website for years and I feel that I know so many of the good people there.  We online friends can sometimes help in ways no one would ever guess.  It's easy to discuss things with people online, and it's easy to become friends.

While I don't know much about the administration around here, being a newbie, I am sure they value your subscription.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,770
QCA Admin replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 10:38 AM

Hi WeeOne,

I was able to talk with our customer service representative and she is emailing you about your account. You will be getting an email from FogBugz which is our server. There are several questions we have about your account and we would rather not discuss them publicly. We appreciate you message, you will be hearing from us shortly. 

Thank you!

QCA Admin

WeeOne:

This web site if about to lose my business!  I renewed last November, before my sub. ran out.  First they changed my date to cheat me out of several days.  I called and they fixed that.  But, I have never received the box of stuff you are suppose to get and I'm not receiving my magazines.  I called a few weeks back and let a message.  NO one called back.  Now you look at 'contact us' and there is no phone number.  I emailed on 3/27 and haven't heard a thing!!!  And yes, I did check my spam file to see if the email was in there.  Think back to a year ago, I had the same problem, but was able to call and they got it fixed.  Are ya'll trying to tell me that you don't want me as a member?

Anyone know what the heck is going on here??

Lyn

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 16,575

Jenia:

I just joined a few weeks ago and have not received a box, I didn't even realize I was suppose to get one? I was kind of expecting a membership card or something like that so that I can get a discount at JoAnn fabrics etc.

I think the subscriptions are online, is that right?  So you won't actually see anything come in the mail for magazines (that's how I understood it anyway).

Even without receiving a box of goodies, I think the subscription is worth it.  I have so enjoyed chatting with the folks here and just to have a place to get and give ideas is good for me.  I think the free patterns are well worth the price of subscription.

It's also nice to have a place to post photos of your projects and get feedback from people who are "experts" in the field.  Sure my family and friends say my quilts are beautiful, but they are biased as my family and friends.  While I don't know much about the administration around here, being a newbie, I am sure they value your subscription.

The item I highlighted above area all available without a paid subscription.  Not as many free patterns, but a few.  Plus there are many places to go on the internet for free patterns.  The magazine is supposed to be a print copy, and you are supposed to get a discount card for JoAnnes.  I am not a paid member, and don't ever plan to be since I've seen how badly this site is run.  Plus I'm 170 miles away from the nearest JoAnnes, which I think is the reason lots of folks join.  Video and tutes are available all over the Internet as well, and the TV portion of the membership can be gotten for $10-12 a year separately. 

Brigit-Carol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 0
Points 0
Hella replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 11:02 AM

I had the same problem.  I think for F&P it's all about money and profit and no so much member service!  More fluff than fact.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 0
Points 0
Hella replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 11:08 AM

You can go to joann.com and apply for a discount card online for just about any affiliation.  So, if you are a member of a local quilt guild or participate in the Linus Project, get the discount card online.  Some JoAnn fabric stores, though, are now asking for a group membership card to show with your discount card, I think because of some past abuse.  My Linus Chapter gives out membership cards and I think they come from the national headquarters.  My local quilt guild gives out membership cards to its members.  I believe that the discount cards are now easy to get.  They aren't worth so much anymore because JoAnn now has just about everything at a "sale" price - you know, double the list, half off!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,690

Well, here I go again, stirring up trouble. 

Respectfully, I don't agree that this site is not worth the money. 

I get my money back many times over just by using the Joann's discount.  Okay.  Granted, if I belonged to another sewing organization, I could get the same discount at Joann's, but this is my only sewing organization membership.

I have used their sponsors and they often offer discounts as well.  There, I've paid for it again.

Most quilting guilds charge a membership fee that is as much or more than what is charged here for an annual membership.  There's a reasonable value in that.

I really enjoy the QNNTV and I do use it.  I would pay for a membership separately if I had to.  Got my money back again.

I use and enjoy the how to videos posted here.  There's another big value.

I can ask for help and they give it or post another how-to video.  How great is that?  Big value there.

I get a free Easy Quilts magazine.  A good part of my membership cost is there in value.

I get offers for discounts on other quilting magazines and notions.  Another value is there if I choose to do it.

But, a priceless value is the forum itself and being able to talk to others with my interest -- almost any time I want to.  The creative ideas, seeing that my life is within normal of other people's situations, enjoying the soothing feeling we all get in our sewing spaces; those can't be bought at any price.  We share very funny stuff, divide the sorrows that are inevitable and ooh and ahh over the things we make with our hands. 

Life is good.  This website contributes to helping that happen.  So, if they desperately need new servers, a new network system and a couple of on-staff paid highly trained technicians  to keep up with the unanticipated explosion of interest in this site, I can be patient. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 3:12 PM

Quiltless:
I get a free Easy Quilts magazine.  A good part of my membership cost is there in value

Only thing wrong with your thinking. If the magazine is a benefit from the subscription price, then it is NOT free. Your membership price pays for the magazine.

Other then that, you are right on. My problem is my problem ,as I should have understood that A. I do not have access to a Joanns and B. I would not use most of the "benefits". But, the friendships are invaluable. I learn something new on this site every time I log on.

I don't mean to sound so harsh. Sorry about that. ;D

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,690

Oh, no problem, Sukochi.  You listen to my rants and those of others, we can listen to yours.  You are also one of the funniest people here.  I love your posts.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 3:50 PM

Thanks. One thing about it, when I'm not making trouble, at least I have humor to fall back on.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 425
Points 9,195
Pamela replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 4:32 PM

Brigit-Carol:
The item I highlighted above area all available without a paid subscription.  Not as many free patterns, but a few.  Plus there are many places to go on the internet for free patterns.  The magazine is supposed to be a print copy, and you are supposed to get a discount card for JoAnnes.  I am not a paid member, and don't ever plan to be since I've seen how badly this site is run.  Plus I'm 170 miles away from the nearest JoAnnes, which I think is the reason lots of folks join.  Video and tutes are available all over the Internet as well, and the TV portion of the membership can be gotten for $10-12 a year separately.

I agree with Brigit-Carol; you don't have to be a paid member to enjoy QCA. I have been on QCA since 2009, without joining as a paid member. I am a member of several quilt organizations, I didn't need another resource for patterns, mags & tutorials. Plus, I've been quilting so long, that I'm usually the one doing the teaching.

I enjoy the forums and groups interchanges and utilize the blog area to journal about my quilting projects and family. I enjoy reading other's blogs and get inspired by quilts displayed in the gallery.

Cancel the membership if you're unhappy, but stick around for these aspects of QCA.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 339
Points 6,680
tnmtgrl replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:39 PM

What kind of box were we suppose to get?? I joined in mid march ...I did get 2 magazines in the mail and my Joann's card has come...but what box are they talking about??

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,305
Points 414,119
gini replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 8:33 PM

A small box of simples and goodies, i thought they discontinued  it, as i didn't get mine the last renewal.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,305
Points 414,119
gini replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 8:34 PM

Make that samples, my ipad is being cranky tonight.

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 4 (51 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use