Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 340
Rita Posted: Sun, Mar 31 2013 12:26 AM

After sewing a bunch of quilt blocks, I decided it was time to clean and oil my machine.  The fabric I'm sewing must have an awful lot of lint as the feed dogs were packed, and even though I used the vacuum cleaner, I couldn't get them clean.  So, I dug out an old toothbrush and it worked wonders removing the lint from the feed dogs.  It's amazing how much better the fabric feeds through my machine now.  (Should've done it sooner!!!)

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 250
BobbieSue replied on Sun, Mar 31 2013 7:11 PM

Toothbrush also works great to clean the filter on the end of a blow dryer that will not come apart so that you can wash the filter.

Give it a try!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 10:06 PM

Rita:
It's amazing how much better the fabric feeds through my machine now.  (Should've done it sooner!!!)

I have this same problem all of the time, especially when sewing flannels.  I usually use the end of the brush that came with the sewing machine to push them out of the feed dogs and then vacuum them up.  Maybe I'll try an old toothbrush next time.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use