rated by 0 users
This post has 40 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 3:13 PM

MaxNTopeka:
Jacy--your design wall is so much prettier than mine!  Love the colors you are working with!

Max, mine is only prettier temporarily because my project is farther along, I can't wait to see what you're doing with yours. I always love your color combos.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,048
Points 169,898
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 3:33 PM

Jacy, Judy and Kris, I love what's on your design wall and how clean it is.  Judy yours looks like mine, all full of threads right now along with Jan. BOM's.  Max, yours will be full of new projects taken from your test stage.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 3:59 PM

Thanks for starting this thread Jacy.  I know I should be working on my UFO's or my MQ8 but I found all this extra fabric from MQ6 and had to do something with it.  In the picture the colors are a bit washed out.  This is what is on my design wall just waiting for the top and bottom piano key borders to be pieced.  Can't decide if I should add a black border before the piano keys.  Work gets in the way of quilting too many times in a week.  Bah!!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Mimi:

Thanks for starting this thread Jacy. ..... This is what is on my design wall just waiting for the top and bottom piano key borders to be pieced.  Can't decide if I should add a black border before the piano keys.  Work gets in the way of quilting too many times in a week.  Bah!!

Mimi, I really love this quilt top. I agree it does need a border to separate the piano keys but not sure if black would look right. Maybe pick up one of the colors, dark blue pink or green in a solid color? I'm not one to decide those things as I have an awful time with colors.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 4:52 PM

My design wall is the back of one of those plastic tablecloths. Have used it for a few years, and am thinking that it is time for a change. It looks awful. I am working on this charity quilt which should already be done.  The green is the first of a BOM, from Joanns, from forever ago. I guess this if it is up there long enough, I will make the next one. and the next one, and.....

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,617
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 5:09 PM

Mimi:
This is what is on my design wall just waiting for the top and bottom piano key borders to be pieced. 

Very pretty Mimi.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,617
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 5:11 PM

quiltylee:
My design wall is the back of one of those plastic tablecloths.

I use one of those as well. I punched holes in it and hang it using Command strips and hooks. The hooks stay up and I can put away the table cloth when not in use (cats try to climb on it). I only use it when I'm planning layouts. I do this in the living room.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Points 2,095
MNJen replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 5:44 PM

Hi Mimi,

It's looks fantastic.  Don't lose steam now.  As an idea, I just finished a top full of stars with a piano key border and it had a simple white border to break it up before the piano keys.  Or if you want a color (pick the favorite you want to highlight and make pop more), then try a little strip of it along a whole edge on the design wall and take a picture.  Then you can try different things and flip between the pictures to pick.  It's surprised me what I ultimately pick by doing this, so it's worth the time messing with it to get it just the way you'll love it.

Jen

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 6:00 PM

Mimi:

Thanks for starting this thread Jacy.  I know I should be working on my UFO's or my MQ8 but I found all this extra fabric from MQ6 and had to do something with it.  In the picture the colors are a bit washed out.  This is what is on my design wall just waiting for the top and bottom piano key borders to be pieced.  Can't decide if I should add a black border before the piano keys.  Work gets in the way of quilting too many times in a week.  Bah!!

[Mimi, do you have any more of that background fabric, what about a border of that before the piano keys, that would give a little space between the x's and the piano keys. 

BTW, I love all your bright, fun fabrics.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 6:03 PM

Sukochi, your charity quilt is coming along nicely, that will be a great little boy quilt. I like that fussy cut airplane square.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 6:18 PM

Kris:

and this is a little one I keep next to me as I sew blocks. When I'm not working it sits on my table in front of the other one:

Kris, your moonglow and vintage valentine are looking great. What is that block with the little circle of pink flowers, they are so cute.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,617
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 6:56 PM

Jacy:
What is that block with the little circle of pink flowers, they are so cute.

That's from trying EQ Stitch on my embroidery machine. The hearts are also part of the tutorial. I sewed them on the same fabric.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 8:58 PM

What's on my Design Wall?  Two things:

First a Baby Quilt for a friend who is due in August (Baby Shower is in May):

Tops done now, just need to get it sandwiched, quilted and bound.

and 2)  a Christmas Quilt I am still plugging away at (maybe I will have it done for next Christmas...at least that is the plan).

I still have the left and bottom sections of the poem to embroidery and then it will just be assembling the sections.  Actually there is another flying geese border outside of what I have here on the design wall (but ran out of space).  The pieces are done, but just not pinned up!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Donna B, the baby quilt is adorable. I really love the Christmas quilt you are working on. Is this hand embroidery?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 10:21 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Donna B, the baby quilt is adorable. I really love the Christmas quilt you are working on. Is this hand embroidery?

Judy thanks!  No, the Christmas Quilt is all machine embroidery with learning "virtual positioning" as the goal of the class.  All that means is trying to match key points so that all your hoopings will result in a unified design that flows together.  If I remember correctly, the center design had five separate hoopings.

Winthrop, WA

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use