Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 40 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,595
Jacy Posted: Sat, Mar 30 2013 12:13 PM

I think it fun to see what everyone's working on and see quilts in progress. So how about you post a picture of your quilt/quilts you're working on.

Here's my design wall today, 

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,902
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 12:32 PM

Ooh Jacy, very nice. I like.

Making progress on your "Moon Glow". WTG I'll get a photo later when/if I get to the sewing room today.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,420

Jacy:
I think it fun to see what everyone's working on and see quilts in progress

OK, I'll play. Jacy, love your quilt in progress. Gorgeous.

I have a bunch in progress but this is what is on my design wall right now. I'm making a small lap quilt for a charity auction, goat theme. This is the third quilt or wall hanging I've made for this goat rescue organization.  The 2nd picture is from EQ7 and shows what the completed quilt will look like. The fabrics in the EQ7 photo aren't what I'm using, but they are close enough to help me with the layout design.

This is a modified McKenna Ryan pattern.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,902
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 1:05 PM

Very nice Judy.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 1:06 PM

Ooh, I love it Judy, love those sunflowers and the goat. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,420

Jacy:

Ooh, I love it Judy, love those sunflowers and the goat.

Jacy, my daughter really has my number. She volunteers for the goat rescue organization (she has adopted four goats of her own so far). So, of course,she twists my arm to help with their fundraisers. "Mom, you are so talented, so creative, the goats are so needy, etc etc" I make the quilts just to hush her up before I get nauseous!!LOL

The things we do for our kids.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,468
Points 49,990
Ginny replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 2:12 PM

Judy, I LOVE the goat and the sunflowers.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,468
Points 49,990
Ginny replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 2:14 PM

It's beautiful, Jacy     Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 933
Points 15,760
Marge P replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 2:17 PM

Jacy:
Here's my design wall today, 

Jacy and Judy - I wish my design wall looked like yours!  I may have to take a picture of my design wall so you all can have a good laugh.  When I got my Janome 6500 with its own table, i had to rearrange my sewing room (what little I can do) and I now have one of those banquet tables on leg extenders smack dab in front of my 4' x 8' design wall!  Needless to say, I can't reach far enough to put blocks on it so it is filled with STUFF!  

I love the quilt you are working on Jacy - beautiful!  Judy, it does sound like your daughter has your number but she is lucky to have such a creative Mom and am sure she appreciates your endeavors.  Great quilt!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965

Jacy--your design wall is so much prettier than mine!  Love the colors you are working with!

Judy--Sunflowers and goats go together like...well, Easter and chocolate!  Love that face!

My design wall is 'in-between' right now. In between one project just being finished up (it's on the quilting table now), and the next project still in the pondering stage.  I'm pondering how it will go together and what colors will be used.   Actually, there are three projects up there...the third one is in the 'can I make it work' test stage (the red and blue blocks on the right).

Back to the machine for a little more quilting.  Hope ya'll have a wonderful Easter!

Max

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 2:51 PM

I love the question, "what's on your design wall?"  This is going to be a very popular forum. 

I have nothing on it today.  But maybe this will inspire me to put something up there when I get my sewing room clean enough to get something out.   Today I sewed decals on shirts and a hat for my DH.  This afternoon, I am going to put together a hat I cut out.  Still playing with patterns.

Jacy, I love what's on your wall.

Judy, your goat quilt is a winner.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 2:53 PM

Marge,

At least you have a design wall, i dont have one i lay stuff out on the dining table and when its too big for that i lay it out on Dads double bed, since i only have a single.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 2:56 PM

Jacy and Judy,

I love whats on your walls, Jacy you are obviously a person who works on more than one thing at a time.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 3:10 PM

Frances:
Jacy you are obviously a person who works on more than one thing at a time.

Always! My son is not the only one in the family with ADD.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,902
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 3:12 PM

I planned on doing this in my blog but I think I only did one "On my Design Wall" post. I don't have a large design wall but here's what I have. Behind my sewing table:

and this is a little one I keep next to me as I sew blocks. When I'm not working it sits on my table in front of the other one:

The colours are off. Not much light in that corner right now.

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use