Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,545
Beth Posted: Fri, Mar 29 2013 10:37 PM

I am new to this website as well! I have a crazy life right now, but know with faith, friends and quilting I will keep my sanity :) I am currently sitting in a room at Motts Children's Hospital with my 13 month old granddaughter, who is getting treatment for some parathyroid issues that must be fixed in order for a kidney transplant to become possible. We are so blessed, because a year ago we were told Camille had a 10% chance of survival at birth...she is beautiful, has no kidneys, but still is thriving and is growing day by day toward that day when God willing we will get to transplant..I have been married for 29 years to one of the best men in the world!  I am mom to 3 wonderful young adult children ages 26, 24, and 22. The youngest will graduate college in May!!!! CELEBRATE!!!  I have two grandchildren both from  our eldest daughter and son-in-law. Our middle daughter is also married, working and loving life, and our youngest is a son, majoring in business marketing...And I worked in our school system until I was laid off in May 2012 due to State Budget Cuts. I loved my job, however, the timing was God's, so I am here to love, support, and assist anyway I can. 

My quilting story began when I was a very young girl, my mom and mother-in-law ran a dress making, alterations, and sewing class business out of our basement...Mom had 10 Singer sewing machines lined up against one wall all in tables built by my dad with inserts specially cut for each machine.  In the center, there were two cutting tables, and weekly they would teach classes MWF from 6-10 pm...for 6 week sessions....you might say sewing came to me through osmosis, I watched listened and learned just by being present...however up until recently, I haven't had much time to be able to concentrate on this wonderful aspect....I am now really making up for lost time. I have complete one quilt, one table runner, one baby quilt, and now am working on another project , just since May!! I love patchwork, I did my own machine quilting on the baby quilt, and hope to teach myself Applique in the near future....

• | Post Points: 170
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,621
Points 36,805
ls2116 replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 11:50 PM

Welcome to site.  Have you become a member?  Are you from Mi.?  I have relative with same last name.

Have you posted your quilts in show and tell gallery.

Thoughts and prayers are going out to your littleone.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,271
Points 413,619
gini replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 12:59 AM

hi beth, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 1:42 AM

Beth welcome to the club.  Prayer for your granddaughter that all goes well.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,381
Points 360,847
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 2:11 AM

WElcome Beth. Prayers for your GD.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,184
Points 238,852
Thea replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 2:45 AM

Beth, My heart goes out to you and many many prayers for little Camille - hopefully she will get that kidney transplant sooner rather then later.  

I am very happy that you are able to quilt now and what a way to get an education of how to sew - fantastic.  I love quilting and it lifts me away from all my troubles - not sure what I would do without it.  

Welcome to QCA and stay awhile get to know us - join some of the Groups - I have one over there in Groups called Christmas all Year Long - trying to get that Christmas spirit in our lives every day.  Plus, the ladies are doing wonderful projects that they are sharing with us - so much fun!  We invite you to join us.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 3:53 AM

Hi Beth,

Welcome you will love it here its a great site with some amazing people.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 6:44 AM

Hi Beth, welcome 

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,462
Points 49,885
Ginny replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 7:32 AM

To Beth O'Shea,  I am so glad you found us. The whole group here is a very warm and caring group.  WE will quilt with you, care for you, and pray for and with  you.  I am certain the prayers of this group just helped my great grandson make it through a life-threatening illness.  I am going to pray many prayers for your precious granddaughter and the whole family.

I see you are in Ann Arbor, Michigan right now.  Do you live in Michigan?  Please keep in touch and let us know how everything is going and how your quilting is coming.  Sounds like you are off and running.   I,too, live in Michigan.   Gnny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 10:21 AM

Welcome to the family, Beth!  My prayers going up for your DGD, Camille.  We are a very loving caring group and also share the love of quilting.  Please post often and let us know how Camille is doing, we care and surely will be praying for you and your family throughout this trying time.  God Bless you and your family.

What a lucky young girl you were to grow up in that environment  and learn the love of sewing.  We'd love to see your projects and no doubt you will learn applique.  Gini is our go to girl when we need some advice on applique.  We also have an applique group that you should check out, they have just started a new project.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,545
Beth replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 10:41 PM

Thank you, as far as I know we have no relatives in MI, but we live right over the border in Oak Harbor OH :)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,545
Beth replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 10:41 PM

Thank you Gini!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,545
Beth replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 10:48 PM

Thank you so much for the warm welcom Ginny! I don't live in Michigan, I live in Oak Harbor OH (right on the way to Cedar Point) I live out by the Magee Marsh and Wildlife refuge. It is about 150 miles round trip, but in the past year, I could make this drive between home and Motts in my sleep....I really appreciate the care, prayers and support..as you know, they truly make a difference! 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,545
Beth replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 10:50 PM

Thank you so much Marie for the warm welcome! And I definitely will check out the Applique group when life settles down a bit :)!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,462
Points 49,885
Ginny replied on Sun, Mar 31 2013 8:14 AM

Beth, I know what you mean about doing that drive in your sleep.  I do the same every time I have to go out there.  Although I only live 50 miles from Ann Arbor.  I think Motts Childrens Hospital is really a fine place, though I haven't had to go in that area of the hospital for at least 12 years and I know they just changed it a lot.  I pray for the best for your litle grand daughter.   Ginny

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use