Top 10 Posters

Is this something anyones thinking of doing.

Page 8 of 10 (139 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 138 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,335
Points 20,065

Yeah, I agree with Carol.  I *just* placed my order for the first time this afternoon and the expected delivery date is Thursday Aug 22.  

Karla, perhaps you can cancel your pending order and place an order for the new one (unless the price is different)?

Otherwise, you might try contacting Amazon.  I order from them all the time.  In the few instances that I've needed help, they have been more than helpful and quick to resolve.

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 2:44 PM

Maybe the other book I ordered with it are slowing it down...they usually list the date for the longest one but still send the other one earlier.  I hope that is what happens.  I ordered 2 books so I could get the free shipping.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,110
Julienne replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 3:18 PM

Karla:

Maybe the other book I ordered with it are slowing it down...they usually list the date for the longest one but still send the other one earlier.  I hope that is what happens.  I ordered 2 books so I could get the free shipping.

Ok. Ladies, what in blazes did I miss. What book and what is going on. Boy gone a few days and I have no idea what is going on.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 3:22 PM

That is odd Karla.  I think I would check with Amazon and see what is up with that.  Mine should be here in the next couple of days.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 3:24 PM

Julienne

It is the Loyal Union Soldier sampler quilt pattern book by Jennifer Chiaverenni.   We are going to get a group started and do the quilt together.   We have ordered the book from Amazon.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 3:27 PM

Well as usually Nana beat me to it but I'm excited about all these samplers we're going to be making.  Here's a photo of the book for you Julienne.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,110
Julienne replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 4:09 PM

Nana:

Julienne

It is the Loyal Union Soldier sampler quilt pattern book by Jennifer Chiaverenni.   We are going to get a group started and do the quilt together.   We have ordered the book from Amazon.

Ok. I just ordered my book. Hope I got the right one. :)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 4:21 PM

The second book I ordered with Loyal Union Sampler is not being released until October 29...I think Loyal Union Sampler will be here any day now, anyway that's how it usually goes.  I ordered 7 books for my grandsons, and all but one have been received, so I'm just waiting for the one that hadn't been released yet.  If I don't have Loyal Union Sampler by next week, I'll give them a call.  One of the Amazon warehouses is only about 2 miles from my house so sometimes I get overnight service from them, even when using the free shipping.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

I am planning on doing this one. I hope I don't give up like I did farmers wife. I think having a book with actual construction instructions will help. My book should be on the way. I also preordered way back when. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,846
Points 366,332
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 5:31 PM

Ladies,

I have my book. I'll be joining the group once it's set up. I haven't been doing much sewing lately so I probably will lag behind in this one as with all my other projects. Maybe this will be the one to get me going again.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 5:55 PM

Kris, I'm glad you'll be joining us. There's nothing like a brand new project to help you get back to sewing. Go pet your fabrics and pull out some for this project, your sewing room will be calling you in no time.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 687
Points 13,085
Michelle replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:48 PM

Julienne, I'm reading her book now. It was at the airport the other day and I've loved her writing style. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,843
Points 32,075
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:53 PM

Karla:

I just checked my amazon order and it says that I can expect delivery in November...do you think they got that many orders of this book that it's going to take that long for me to get it?

Karla, I'd check with Amazon on that one. I got my book today. This is going to be a fun challenge.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,846
Points 366,332
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 7:02 PM

Jacy:
Kris, I'm glad you'll be joining us.

Thanks Jacy.

Jacy:
There's nothing like a brand new project to help you get back to sewing. Go pet your fabrics and pull out some for this project, your sewing room will be calling you in no time.

I hope so. DH says he can hear my sewing machines crying from neglect.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,110
Julienne replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 7:04 PM

Roxana:

Karla:

I just checked my amazon order and it says that I can expect delivery in November...do you think they got that many orders of this book that it's going to take that long for me to get it?

Karla, I'd check with Amazon on that one. I got my book today. This is going to be a fun challenge.

This s the book I ordered and I hope it is right. It says it will be here Sat the 24th.

Loyal Union Sampler From Elm Creek Quilts: 121 Traditional Blocks Quilt along with the Women of the Civil War. By Jennifer Chiaverini

Page 8 of 10 (139 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use