Top 10 Posters

Is this something anyones thinking of doing.

Page 7 of 10 (139 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 138 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 32,010
Roxana replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 11:36 PM

Nana, I'm willing to help in any way I can. Just let me know.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 11:38 PM

I would be, too, although I don't know if I could answer anyone's questions.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 12:15 AM

zoetc49:

Ok, I have not read all of the thread. Are you all planning to do one block each and send them out to each other?  Or just work on each block for your own quilts and just talk about them? Just wondering.

Zoe

We will set up a group for this.  An assignment of about 5 blocks will be given every 2 weeks.  We will mix up the blocks so that there will be some easier ones in each grouping.   When you finish all the blocks you will have your quilt top.  It just makes it more fun when we work together.   Plus if anyone has problems with a block there will be someone that can help with construction issues.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 12:18 AM

Roxana and Karla

I will get Mandy to open a group with the 3 of us as owners.   You can PM me with any questions you may have about hosting a group.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,212
Points 24,505
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 12:21 AM

Got a notice from amazon they shipped my book.  I received a lot of fabric from my sister MIL.  Lots of browns greens and reds that will work great for this.  Just will need creams, although there was LOTS of muslin that may of may not work.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 9:53 AM

Nana:

OK folks....before we get a group set up for this project we need a volunteer to co host this group.   I am willing to co host but don't have the time and energy to keep up with everything by myself.    A co host will be partially responsible for making block assignments, helping everyone with construction questions, and generally making sure everything is moving along appropriately so that we can all finish our journey.  If you are willing to help just let me know.   Then I will let Mandy know to open the group for us.

Nana, I'm willing to lead the group. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 9:59 AM

Oops, guess I should have read all the posts first, look like you have lots of volunteers.

I like the idea of 5 blocks every 2 weeks because that get them all done in one year. That will be too fast for some, but they can just pick and choose a block or two from each assignment so they feel like they are part of the group, not just always behind.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 10:34 AM

Jacy

I am sure that you will be lots of help with the group by providing info for everyone.   That is usually the most time consuming part. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,212
Points 24,505
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 11:46 AM

Thank you Jacy!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

I am planning on doing whatever technique it takes to do these blocks.  The one I'm intimidated about doing is paper-piecing.  I think it's the patterns that look so hard and I freeze, telling myself I'm still a newby and should not do this yet.  However I will probably try it at least.  I am so excited!

MelodyP

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 1:15 PM

Melody

Paper piecing really isn't hard.   After you get a couple blocks under your belt you will wonder what you were afraid of.    We will help you along the way and I think you will be just fine.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

I missed this when it came around in April, but I'm seeing it now and would love to participate.  I've ordered my book and it will arrive on Tuesday.  

Although, I have to say, there is another sampler quilt I've had my eye on for a little while... maybe I just will do both!  

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 1:40 PM

MelodyP MO/KS:
The one I'm intimidated about doing is paper-piecing.

Some of the paper piecing patterns are more complex than others. We'll have to be sure and start you on an easy one, then you'll be more confident.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 2:16 PM

I just checked my amazon order and it says that I can expect delivery in November...do you think they got that many orders of this book that it's going to take that long for me to get it?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 711
Points 13,885

Karla:

I just checked my amazon order and it says that I can expect delivery in November...do you think they got that many orders of this book that it's going to take that long for me to get it?

That's strange.... I just went to Amazon and it says the book is in stock and is available for next day delivery.

Page 7 of 10 (139 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use