Top 10 Posters

Is this something anyones thinking of doing.

Page 6 of 10 (139 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 138 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 12:33 AM

Frances,I have a few CW FQ's left over from a quilt that I can send you if you would like them. Just send me a PM with your address and I will send them right away.

from TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 3:13 AM

Bev that is so kind of you i will PM you.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 802
Points 16,040
Sue replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 1:23 PM

Hi All,

Just got a message from Amazon, my book is on it's way! YHIPEE!

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 4:05 PM

Frances, how big are the blocks?   I did Sylvia's and might like to do another one.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 4:21 PM

Gini

I haven't received my book yet but I am thinking 6" finished blocks.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 3,000
Kathy G replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 4:37 PM

Roxanna-

As a southern woman you must know that the southern way demands that we be gracious to all...even a yankee sampler LOL.  As a displaced southern belle in Washington state, I want to do this sampler but am not sure that the inner conflict will let me keep up with everyone else.*giggle*

Kathy G.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

gini, Frances and I are doing it .  The blocks are 6" finished.  This way you will not have to wait for 2 weeks for her to get back from holiday.

MelodyP

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 5:28 PM

Kathy G:

Roxanna-

As a southern woman you must know that the southern way demands that we be gracious to all...even a yankee sampler LOL.  As a displaced southern belle in Washington state, I want to do this sampler but am not sure that the inner conflict will let me keep up with everyone else.*giggle*

Kathy G.

That is funny but I have to ask was Washington State involved in that conflict?  I would have to research that but you may be safe from choosing sides. lol 

from TN

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 802
Points 16,040
Sue replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 6:22 PM

Kathy you may be a displaced Southerner, but I am a displaced Yankee so I know how you feel.  Not a Northern Yankee mind you, but a Western Yankee!  If I recall my schooling Washington State was not involved in that conflict but Calif and Arizona were, in fact I believe that the Western most battle happened in Arizona at Piccaho Peak.  If you look at a map, it is a few miles east of the junction of I-10 and I-8.

Anyway, I sure hope that you will be a part of this Sampler group. 

In the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,876
Points 32,565
Roxana replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 6:54 PM

Kathy G:

Roxana-

.*giggle*

Kathy G.

Thanks, Kathy G, I needed that! This group is going to be so much fun. When we actually start the blocks, will we continue with this thread?  I've forgotten whose idea this was! Amazon notified me my book was on the way but I didn't hear from Keepsake Quilting concerning the order I placed on Saturday! I may have to go elsewhere!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 3,000
Kathy G replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 6:59 PM

I am absolutely in.  Trying all those little bitty blocks will be challenging but there will be good company along the way.  I just ordered my book from Amazon so will see how long it takes to get here.  Can't wait to start "cutting up" with you!

Kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 11:16 PM

OK folks....before we get a group set up for this project we need a volunteer to co host this group.   I am willing to co host but don't have the time and energy to keep up with everything by myself.    A co host will be partially responsible for making block assignments, helping everyone with construction questions, and generally making sure everything is moving along appropriately so that we can all finish our journey.  If you are willing to help just let me know.   Then I will let Mandy know to open the group for us.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 632
Points 10,935
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 11:27 PM

Ok, I have not read all of the thread. Are you all planning to do one block each and send them out to each other?  Or just work on each block for your own quilts and just talk about them? Just wondering.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 3,000
Kathy G replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 11:33 PM

Nope!  Washington was busy developing.  I know there are lots of folks here that relocated from the heartland-Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Illinois, and Arkansas.  The back country culture of those regions promotes individualism and non-trust of government (just speaking as the great granddaughter of a moonshiner and the great great granddaughter of a state senator).  That inner conflict I mentioned comes from holding southern values towards individual and states rights and a need to consider the greater good (unionism/federalism).  Then again, this is supposed to be fun so I am likely just over thinking-hard to believe:)

Kthy G

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,876
Points 32,565
Roxana replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 11:35 PM

zoetc49:

Ok, I have not read all of the thread. Are you all planning to do one block each and send them out to each other?  Or just work on each block for your own quilts and just talk about them? Just wondering.

Zoe, here's what Jacy said last week.

Jacy:

When we did the farmers wife sampler we did 5 blocks every 2 weeks, if we did that it would take about a year to make all the blocks I think. Of course it also depends how simple or complex the blocks are.

Several agreed with her.

Page 6 of 10 (139 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use