Top 10 Posters

Is this something anyones thinking of doing.

Page 5 of 10 (139 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 138 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 10:01 AM

Nana:

The sampler quilts are a great way to try new things.  It gives you a taste of just about any piecing method but you only have the one block to do.   I would love to get a set of civil war FQs to use in this quilt.   I don't have civil war fabrics in my stash but I would love to do at least one quilt in these fabrics.

Nana,

I have a few civil war fabrics in my stash but not a lot they are not that readily available over here, however when i was at the show last week i saw Mill book/ collections for a cause/ moda fabrics on one of the stands now they are listed as circa 1835, so earlier than the civil war i think im going to use a bit of artistic licence and use these, there is lots of lighter colours in them, where as most of the civil war fabrics i have seen, seem to be more darker.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 10:16 AM

Frances

There is a bunch of civil war fabrics that are the lighter colors to use as the blenders.   There is a set at Keepsake Quilting that I would love to have but they are $100.  Of course it is a large set of FQs with every color family.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 10:29 AM

Nana,

Yes the Mill book has lots of colours in it as well so i may order some from the states to keep the price low. otherwise i might have to take out a very large loan if i buy them all over here.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,841
Points 32,050
Roxana replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 11:58 AM

Nana:

Frances

There is a bunch of civil war fabrics that are the lighter colors to use as the blenders.   There is a set at Keepsake Quilting that I would love to have but they are $100.  Of course it is a large set of FQs with every color family.

Nana, so will that fat quarter bundle work as long as I add the background fabric? I hadn't thought about having to have the Civil War fabric but I guess the sampler won't be too authentic without it. I have very little reproduction fabric in my stash. I love the colors in the Civil War fabric though!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 1:05 PM

IM thinking about this sampler , too. Just looked at  Nana,s Bridal sampler in her gallery (Awesome quilt) and was so inspired by her work, I want to try one. Im just now reading all Jennifer Chiaverini,s books and feel like I know  Sylvia and all the Elm Creek Quilters as  quilting friends.  Keep us posted on when this will be starting.                Susan

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 2:05 PM

Nana,

That bundle on Keepsake quilts is lovely, but it looks like its out of stock (i was tempted even though customs will probably charge me for it)

Im also wondering if there is going to be a fabric collection to go with the book???

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 2:21 PM

Frances,

I believe there was one mentioned in the book.  It was by Red Rooster Fabrics, also one by Moda.  Check the "look thru the book" on Amazon for more information.

So do you have any idea when we will start this? Late Sept or Oct?  Most of us should have the book and some fabric by then.

In the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 2:34 PM

Sue,

There has been a whole range of elm creek fabrics done by red rooster but looking at the loyal union sampler book there isnt a specific range for this one, the quilts in the book have been done using all the other fabric ranges, so it looks like nothing new for the loyal union sampler.

Im not sure when this will start probably october by the time everyones got there book and fabric.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 6:04 PM

Roxana

It is a large bundle of FQs so I think it will probably be plenty to do the sampler.  Especially if we add some blenders.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 6:08 PM

Sue

I probably won't be able to start this one until I finish the MQ and return from the Oregon retreat mid Oct.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 6:09 PM

Susan :

IM thinking about this sampler , too. Just looked at  Nana,s Bridal sampler in her gallery (Awesome quilt) and was so inspired by her work, I want to try one. Im just now reading all Jennifer Chiaverini,s books and feel like I know  Sylvia and all the Elm Creek Quilters as  quilting friends.  Keep us posted on when this will be starting.                Susan

Susan this actually brought tears to my eyes.  It was very touching that my work has been inspiration to someone else.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 10:16 PM

Nana:

Roxana

It is a large bundle of FQs so I think it will probably be plenty to do the sampler.  Especially if we add some blenders.

but Nana, its sold out, have you been sneaky and brought  the last one.......

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 10:32 PM

No Frances.  I hadn't even looked at the site in awhile.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,841
Points 32,050
Roxana replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 10:44 PM

Frances, they believe that the fabric will be back in stock in a few weeks though so I'm going to go with it. I don't think I can find that wide a selection and that many fabrics for any cheaper without having to do some real researching. I don't think everyone will have their books and their fabric before then.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 10:48 PM

I tend to think the same thing, thats the trouble with Nana she comes up with all these good ideas and i end up spending money, while i was on there i saw some wonderful fabric bundles, too very tempting.

lots of love

Francesxx

Page 5 of 10 (139 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use