Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 190
Lee Behnke Posted: Thu, Mar 28 2013 12:40 PM

I've always used Google Reader to follow 8 to 10 quilting and knitting blogs.  Now, Google says it will discontinue Reader in July. I don't know much about blog-following sites -- a friend recommend Google Reader when I first started reading blogs, and I've used it ever since.

Does anyone know of a good blog-reading site that can follow all my chosen blogs and group the new posts into one package? 

Thanks.

Lee Behnke

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 1:27 PM

Just use a search engine to search "quilting blogs". There are tons of blogs.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645

Lee

I use Pinterest.com  I have a private folder and put all the blogs I enjoy in that folder. I use Pinterest to "Pin" anything I find of interest on the internet. Quilt patterns, a favorite website, recipe ideas, photos etc etc. I love it.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 2:27 PM

I didn't even think about Pintrest. I love that. Have all sorts of boards. Judy what is your pintrest name, and I will follow you on there?

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645

quiltylee:

I didn't even think about Pintrest. I love that. Have all sorts of boards. Judy what is your pintrest name, and I will follow you on there?

It's jstquilting

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,947
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 12:56 PM

Lee,

try Feedly or Bloglovin for your blog feeds. Both of them allow you to import your feeds from Google after signing up.

I use my email program for RSS feeds. It's more convenient for me. Some web browsers also have built in feed readers.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 190

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions.  I'll check them all out.

Lee

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use