Joke/Inspiration of the Day #3

Page 3 of 22 (327 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 326 Replies | 24 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812

Since they are predicting another 4-8 inches of snow here tonight, this one is particularly appropriate!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,479
Points 362,147

ROFLOL Nancy. Cute photo.

I'm thinking the same thing. I want to know where spring has gone.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959

yesterday i would have said spring was here, come visit,   but we have had snow spitting at us all day.   sam has been in waste deep powder all day and is one happy boy.   tired, but happy. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,283
Points 173,433

I know you'll love this one.  Sorry if it is repetitive from me...if so worth another listen.. 

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,038
Points 15,880

Thank you for posting that Marie. I really enjoyed it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521

good sermon.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812

Amen!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,479
Points 362,147

Good one Marie. Thanks for that.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,283
Points 173,433

Turn up the volume!  Enjoy!

(Just hope you don't have to explain who the Lone Ranger is.....)

Click Here:

/http://www.wimp.com/harmonicacarnegie/

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,685
Points 66,015

Thanks Marie, that was fun.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521

wow, that is some harmonica playing!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,283
Points 173,433

He is a Baptist preacher/comedian, so be prepared!  He describes his accident on N. Shepherd in Houston .

Comedian Mark Lowery tells about having a motorcycle wreck (while not wearing a helmet) and what happened to him afterwards. Click:

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521

very funny Marie.   I like that line "my mama was right."

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,283
Points 173,433

A letter from camp:
 Our Scoutmaster told us to write to our parents in case you saw the flood onTV and got worried. We are okay.    Only one of our tents and two sleeping bagsgot washed away. Luckily, none of us got drowned because we were all up onthe mountain looking for Adam when it happened. Oh yes, please call Adam's mother and tell her he is okay. He can't write because of the cast. I got to ride in one of the search and rescue Jeeps. It was great. We never would have found Adam in the dark if it hadn't been for the lightning. Scoutmaster Mike got mad at Adam for going on a hike alone without telling anyone.   Adam said he did tell him, but it was during the fire so he probably didn't hear him. Did you know that if you put gas on a fire, the gas will blow up? The wet wood didn't burn, but one of the tents did and also some of our clothes. Matthew is going to look weird until his hair grows back. We will be home on Saturday if Scoutmaster Mike gets the bus fixed. It wasn't his fault about the crash. The brakes worked okay when we left. Scoutmaster Mike said that with a bus that old, you have to expect something to break down; that's probably why he can't get insurance. We think it's a super bus. He doesn't care if we get it dirty, and if it's hot, sometimes he lets us ride on the bumpers. It gets pretty hot with 45 people in a bus made for 24. He let
us take turns riding in the trailer until the policeman stopped and talked to us. Scoutmaster Mike is a neat guy. Don't worry, he is a good driver. In fact, he is teaching Horace how to drive on the mountain roads where there aren't anycops. All we ever see up there are huge logging trucks. This morning all of the guys were diving off the rocks and swimming out to the rapids. ScoutmasterMike wouldn't let me because I can't swim, and Adam was afraid he would sink because of his cast (it's concrete because we didn't have any plaster), so he let us take the canoe out. It was great. You can still see some of the trees under the water from the flood. Scoutmaster Mike isn't crabby like some scoutmasters. He didn't even get mad about the life jackets. He has to spend a lot of time working on the bus so we are trying not to cause him any trouble. Guess what? We have all passed our first aid merit badges. When Andrew dived into the lake and cut his arm, we all got to see how a tourniquet works..Steve and I threw up, but Scoutmaster Mike said it was probably just food poisoning from the left-over chicken. He said they got sick that way with food they ate in prison. I'm so gladhe got out and became our scoutmaster. He said he sure figured out how to get things done better while he was doing his time. By the way, what is a pedal-file? I have to go now. We are going to town to post our letters and buy some more beer and ammo. Don't worry about anything. We are fine and tonight it's my turn to sleep in the Scoutmaster's tent.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725

OMG, Marie.  I sure am glad that my sons are grown.  How they thought up so much stuff is incredible.   Ginny

Page 3 of 22 (327 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use