Page 1 of 23 (338 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 337 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,995
QCA Admin Posted: Thu, Mar 28 2013 11:30 AM

Hello All,

The last Joke/Inspiration of the day thread was getting pretty long. Please continue to post your jokes and inspiration here. 

Joke/Inspiration of the Day #2 can be found here

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. 

QCA Mandy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 11:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-CR7S-gMFY

this young couple are phenominal

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 6:12 PM

They certainly are...what wouldn't I give to be able to move like that.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 11:17 AM

gini:

WOW!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,705
Points 364,337
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 12:22 PM

gini:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-CR7S-gMFY

WOW is right. Not even on my best day, in my wildest dreams, will I be able to do a fraction of that. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,705
Points 364,337
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 12:57 PM

Marie:

[OLD GUYS IN CONVERTIBLES?

JUST REMEMBER GUY'S YOU AIN'T GET'N ANY YOUNGER 

This had me in stitches. It's one of those "candid camera" things. Check out the looks on the faces of the young girls. 

Turn Up The Sound and ListenTo The Classic Song .. "Only You"

That was awesome. These are so much fun. I love Betty White's show "Off Their Rockers" they do this sort of thing.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:18 AM

great new product from alex anderson    

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2t2JWlcXXM

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:34 AM

Haha Gini.  I had this skirt once made in India, with this chain stitch, embroidery all over it.  I pulled a loose thread and it was like unraveling a chain knit (or crochet?) stitch.  Bye bye embroidery.  I though this was going to be something like that and I wasn't so sure if I would like it.  I needn't have worried.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,705
Points 364,337
Kris replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 11:42 AM

gini:
great new product from alex anderson

That was an Aprils Fool's joke right? It would be awesome if someone could actually make that happen. LOL

Craftsy did something like this last year. Didn't see any this year.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 425
Points 9,200
Pamela replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 12:56 PM

Loved the video - great April fool's joke, for those gullible enogh ro believe her.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 1:27 PM

NOW HEAR THIS...NOT ALL THIEVES ARE STUPID!! 
1.  Some people left their car in the long-term parking at San Jose while away, and someone broke into the car. Using the information on the car's registration in the glove compartment, they drove the car to the people's home in Pebble Beach and robbed it. So I guess if we are going to leave the car in long-term parking, we should NOT leave the registration/insurance cards in it, nor your remote garage door opener. 
This gives us something to think about with all our new electronic technology. 

2.  GPS. 
Someone had their car broken into while they were at a football game.  Their car was parked on the green which was adjacent to the football stadium and specially allotted to football fans.  Things stolen from the car included a garage door remote control, some money and aGPS which had been prominently mounted on the dashboard.  When the victims got home, they found that their house had been ransacked and just about everything worth anything had been stolen.  The thieves had used theGPS to guide them to the house.  They then used the garage remote control to open the garage door and gain entry to the house.  The thieves knew the owners were at the football game, they knew what time the game was scheduled to finish and so they knew how much time they had to clean out the house.  It would appear that they had brought a truck to empty the house of its contents.

Something to consider if you have a GPS - don't put your home address in it... Put a nearby address (like a store or gas station) so you can still find your way home if you need to, but no one else would know where you live if your GPS were stolen.

3.  CELL PHONES

I never thought of this.......

This lady has now changed her habit of how she lists her names on her cell phone after her handbag was stolen. Her handbag, which contained her cell phone, credit card, wallet, etc., was stolen.  20 minutes later when she called her hubby, from a pay phone telling him what had happened, hubby says 'I received your text asking about our Pin number and I've replied a little while ago.'  When they rushed down to the bank, the bank staff told them all the money was already withdrawn.  The thief had actually used the stolen cell phone to text 'hubby' in the contact list and got hold of the pin number.  Within 20 minutes he had withdrawn all the money from their bank account.

Moral of the lesson:

a.  Do not disclose the relationship between you and the people in your contact list.  Avoid using names like Home, Honey, Hubby, Sweetheart, Dad, Mom, etc....

b.  And very importantly, when sensitive info is being asked through texts, CONFIRM by calling back.

c.  Also, when you're being texted by friends or family to meet them somewhere, be sure to call back to confirm that the message came from them.  If you don't reach them, be very careful about going places to meet 'family and friends' who text you.

*PLEASE PASS THIS ON

* I never thought about the above!

As of now, I no longer have 'home' listed on my cell phone.

Even if this does not pertain to you....Pass it on to your family and friends.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 10:16 PM

Thanks, Marie, good advice for everyone.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 9:23 AM

Ever walk into a room with some purpose in mind, only to completely
forget what that purpose was?

Turns out, doors themselves are to blame for these strange memory
lapses.  Psychologists at the University of Notre Dame have discovered
that passing through a doorway triggers what's known as an event
boundary in the mind, separating one set of thoughts and memories from
the next. Your brain files away the thoughts you had in the previous
room and prepares a blank slate for the new locale.

Thank goodness for studies like this. It's not our age, it's that damn
door!

Did I send this to you already? 

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,450
Points 40,740
Mimi replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 9:41 AM

Marie:
Thank goodness for studies like this. It's not our age, it's that damn door! Did I send this to you already? 

Oh Marie I thank my lucky stars for my quilty friends. You made me chuckle and I sure need more of them.  Tough time right now for me.  Thanks again.  Doors?  Who'da thought?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:14 AM

Millbury, MA

Page 1 of 23 (338 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use