Top 10 Posters

Hi Everyone I'm from New Mexico, anyone else?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 110
Avelisquilts Posted: Wed, Mar 27 2013 3:38 PM

I live in Northeastern mountains of New Mexico just south of Angel Fire in a tiny village called Guadalupita. I have been quilting on and off since I was about 9. I love quilting, swapping fabrics and meeting other quilters. I mostly piece but have in the past 10 years been doing hand applique. Although I am retired, I still enjoy being active and especially enjoy walking into the mountains here. Would love to hear from other quilters from any state. I think its great that we can instantly correspond with others via the internet. It used to take days and sometimes weeks to get an answer from a "penpal" in the "olden" days. Remember "penpals"???

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 2,165
Flo replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 3:42 PM

Hi!  I am in the mountains of Southern California.  I do remember pen pals,  I grew up in new Jersey and my fav cousin lived in northern Calif.  We werepenpals until we grew up...And we are still close.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 3:42 PM

Avelisquilts , H welcome tothe club. nice to meet you . I use to have a penpal in New Zealand  back in school we wrote for years ,then we lost contact.  It was really fun I miss her to this day .I liv e in Missouri close to Kanas City ,have been here about 12 years . I love it here . Hope you will enjoy your time here with us . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 5,785
Jenia replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 4:04 PM

Hi Avelisquilts

I'm from Las Cruces, New Mexico - well I'm here now any way and love it!  I've been living here since 2004 having moved from Northeast Ohio to get to a warmer state!

I'm new to this site; and fairly new to quilting.  I think I will always be a novice in my own mind any way.  I started quilting about 2 years ago but have always been crafty.

I also had penpals.  As a kid, my family moved a lot, so I tried to stay in touch with old friends by writing, but of course we slowly grew apart.  I also had a penpal that I never actually met, but do remember writing her often well into my teens.

Perhaps we can get together sometime.  I wonder who else is from New Mexiso around here; there have to be more than just us two.  They are talking about retreats happening in places like Texas and Arizona, what about a New Mexico retreat?  Or maybe just a meet and greet!  I'm a social critter so anything to meet new people is great with me.  I also host cross-country cyclists who travel through Las Cruces on the international bicycling route, so I am always up to meet!

Here's my email address kingjenia@yahoo.com, if you are ever in Las Cruces, please please please look me up.  I have never been to Angel Fire, but I'm always lookinf for a cycling destination.  Don't they have a new mountain biking facility there?  It looked too technical for the likes of me, but just road biking the area is fun for me.  Here's a link to my hosting website article if you are interested:  http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/pecan-house

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 110

Hi!

It's nice to meet you! I lived in Southern California since I was 5 years old until my husband retired 6 years ago and then we moved here. We lived in Long beach! Hope to keep in touch with you.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 110

Hi Barbara!

I participated in the Valentines swap with you. Then I had to back out of the Easter swap because my husband was having surgery. Well, now that he is better I am back to swap. I just signed up for the floral swap.

My brother in law was from hannibal. Are you close to that area? Hope we continue to be friends, I will really enjoy hearing from you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 5:14 PM

Hi Avelisquilts, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 5:47 PM

hi avelisquilts, welcome to the group.   it would be wonderful to have  a retreat in your area.  

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 2,165
Flo replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 5:49 PM

Hi Barbara!  My son lives in Manhattan Kansas!  I will be in that neck of the woods the end of April for his wedding.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,567
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 10:45 PM

Welcome Avelis.

We're just getting ready to start a new project in the appliqué. Come check it out.

Avelisquilts:
Remember "penpals"???

I had a penpal all through high school. She lived in St. Lucia. Sometimes I miss snail mail, it's fun to get things, other than bills, by post.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 9:24 AM

Hi and welcome Avelisquilts, I'm from MA west of Boston.  Enjoy your time with us, it's fun here!

Millbury, MA

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use