Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 145
kgrammiecaz Posted: Mon, Mar 25 2013 5:51 PM

as a new quilter, i have found the thing i need most is patience.  quilting is not a rush project

it is great therapy, wrap your mind around it and take the time to enjoy what you are doing

for me it just feels great to take my time even though i could probably work faster

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 5:52 PM

hi kgrammie, welcome to the group.   patience is great advice. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 6:15 PM

Hi kgrammiecaz, welcome.   you are so right

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,026
Points 369,902
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 7:03 PM

Welcome to QCA Grammie.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 7:33 PM

Welcome.   That's a great piece of advice.  I find when I take my time and don't rush, things actually go together faster because I make fewer mistakes. :-)

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 1,265

Sound advice!  I find that if I put on music I love that it helps me slow down and enjoy the creative process of quilting.  Music and quilting and quilting are both great stress relievers for me.  When I'm able, I have "marathon" sewing days and sometimes stay in my jammies all day long and just sew sew sew.  I know it's time to quit when I start making mistakes!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 8:18 PM

kgrammiecaz:
i have found the thing i need most is patience.
               Welcome, Grammie! I hesitated to start quilting for this reason. The whole process of quilting has taught me patience. Also, like Joni, I love to listen to music while quilting, especially my gospel music.   Thanks for the reminder that it is great therapy. Sometimes when mistakes are made and its not turning out the way I like," Frustration" takes over.   Hope you enjoy your time here with us.     Susan

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 684
Points 11,735
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 8:50 PM

It's what I must have as I am ripping out stitches that a quilter put in but did not look right to me. I don't have to do the whole thing just some of the work. Still it might take me a few weeks...

Patience is a must in this craft!!...LOL 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,817
Points 248,459
Barbara replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 2:07 AM

Kgrammie,welcome to the club.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 145

I like the mention of music. I am going to try putting on some great tunes my next quilting day. Thanks

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

My husband surprised me one day by putting a TV in my sewing room. It is mounted on the wall so it is out of the way. It helps me stay focused because I can listen to it an sew all the time instead of running out to the family room when I hear something I like on the TV. Also, I have a son with Tourette's syndrome, along with ADHD and bi polar. If that doesn't teach you patience, nothing will. He taught me a lot as a matter of fact and that has helped me with my quilting and other aspects of my live. He will be 33 in 3 weeks. I thank God for him everyday.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use