Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 30 Replies | 9 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 525
Jeana Posted: Mon, Mar 18 2013 2:16 PM

Hello, a bit about me. I am a Texan, Harley Rider, Quilter, work from home for Hewlett Packard as an executive assistantand enjoy reading. I live in the Texas hill country and love it. I took a beginners quilting class around 2003, and was blown over by the quilts at International Quilt Festival in Houston. WOWZA! Now I really loved quilting after seeing those quilts! Love quilting, such a relaxing hobby and theraputic.

I have a son who is an 8 year Marine. His journey as a marine is about up and will be out at the end of May. My daughter is married to a wonderful man who is in the Air Force and he retires in 3 years. They have 3 sweet girls, 10, 8 and 3. It doesn't seem fair to me that someone 20 years younger than me can retire before I can! What is wrong with this picture? No, I'm glad he is retiring and will be looking for a second career. However, I am really looking forward to retiring so I have more time to quilt and get more involved with the Austin Area Quilt Guild. I have a 10 year old silver toy poodle named Shadow. He follows me wherever I go. Loves to ride in the golf cart and the mule.

Jeana

Jeana

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 2:52 PM

Hi Jeana, welcome to the family, we're a diverse group but have one thing in common, we love to quilt.  I know you will love it here and we look forward to some pictures of your work.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,407
Points 415,669
gini replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 3:58 PM

hi jeana, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Well welcome to the club Jeana. You will love it here. It is kinda odd not retire until after your son-in-law does. The up side is that you aren't forced into retirement. Don't forget to post some pictures of your quilts.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,762
Points 365,027
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 11:17 PM

Welcome Jeana.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 5:37 AM

Hi Jeana, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 5:56 AM

Welcome Jeana,  We enjoy sharing our love of quilting so if you need help or an answer to a quilt question, just ask away.  Someone will have an answer.  We always like to see everyone's quilts so pics please....Have fun.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,130
Points 14,615
Dawn replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 6:52 AM

Welcome!  You will love this club!  And yes, post pics we love them!!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 8:42 AM

Hi Jeana!  My DH and I vacationed in the Texas hill country last winter and loved it!  We drove into San Antonio to meet up with Debbie-Do one day.  I hope she sees your post to welcome a fellow Texan.  I discovered Creations Quilt Shop in Kerrville.  WOW!  Wish I lived closer to that store!

I'll bet your granddaughters all have some pretty quilts from Grandma!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 5,860
Jenia replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 5:34 PM

Hey Jeana - I think we joined on the same day and I believe we have the same first name phonetically anyway.

I'm Jenia (pronounced Gina) probably like yours but spelled differently, right?

I'm in Las Cruces, New Mexico but know all about the Texas Hill Country because I'm also a bicyclist.  I know the president of the Hill Country Bike Club. 

I too have shadows in the form of 3 dogs and 1 cat.  They are my children.  Lucy is a Jack Russell Terrorist, Day-z is a Coyote/Shepherd mix; and Angel is a husky mix.  This is my first cat, being a dog lover my entire life; but this cat Tuxedo has convinced me I have missed out on the love of cats.  He's a sweetheart.

Any way, I am sure we will both learn oodles from the good folks here.  It seems that they have been extremely open to ideas and I look forward to learning as much as I can.  I'm not sure if I'm confident to offer advice, but I'm definitely not afraid to ask for it.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,199
Points 16,075
Susan replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:42 PM

Jenia:
I'm in Las Cruces, New Mexico
 Welcome,Jeana and Jenia!        So glad you both, joined us here, Im sure there is something we could learn from you, too.                              Jenia, I have a dear friend that lives in Las Cruces, New Mexico, it really is a small world.     Hope to see some of your projects.  Susan

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 525
Jeana replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 9:18 AM

WOW, QCA has a lot to offer and I've barely begun to scratch the surface. What do the points mean below your name in these posts? I like this site! Thank you all for welcoming me, I'm going to really enjoy it here.

Jeana

Jeana

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 525
Jeana replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 9:20 AM

Nancy, if Debbie is interested in a quilt retreat April 25 - 28, she is welcome to join us. It will be in Stonewall, TX, close to Fredericksburg. Have her get in touch with me for more details.

Jeana

Jeana

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 1:23 PM

Will do!

(If I had travel money right now, I would join you!)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 1:36 AM

Jeana,welcome to the club, hope you will enjoy your time with us . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use