Top 10 Posters

Prayers needed, please

Page 9 of 13 (193 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 192 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 7:21 AM

Joni:
He had 2 new fillies born about 2 weeks ago.  Both by his deep gold Palomino stallion.  One out of a flashy, rich chestnut, she produced an exquisite palomino filly, the other out of his deep golden palomino mare and she produced a drop dead gorgeous chestnut filly.  They are all over you, sniffing, rubbing and insatiable curiosity.

Joni - oh, they sound so wonderful, I love horses but haven't been around them much at all so wouldn't know the first thing about taking care of them.  You speak so loving of them, I can hear it thru your words on paper.  Now, do what the drs say so you can get better and get back to ridng, it sounds like it's very much a part of who you are.  Prayers coming your way. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,336
Points 38,860
Mimi replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:43 AM

Oh Nana, It never rains but it pours.  You and Lewis are both in my morning prayers. God is the Great Physician and I'll also pray that he guides the doctors and nurses for a full and complete recovery for your DH.

And Kris, Hopefully there will be another breakthrough in medicine that will relieve all the pain you have been experiencing.

And dear Thea, I don't know if I could be as strong or cope as well as you are.  Blessings with T & P for you and your mom and the situations you are experiencing. 

Joni, when life gets in the way of what we love it's very depressing.  But quilters are very resourceful people.  After all we make art from what others would throw away.  You will find something else to fill the time you can't ride.  T & P for a successful therapy so you can get back to what you love.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,020
Points 169,518
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 10:02 AM

Prayers going up for Lewis and you.  God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,424
Points 72,050
Karla replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 11:12 AM

Nana, sorry to hear about Lewis, sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 10:06 AM

Thanks for all the prayers.   Lewis came home yesterday and is doing ok.   He is having a hard time adjusting to lifestyle changes and still being weak but we will get thru this.   When they did the cath on Saturday they found 2 large arteries totally blocked and 2 smaller ones 60% blocked.   He had also had a previous heart attack that we didn't know about which damaged the back of the heart.   Instead of pneumonia he has congestive heart failure.   They were able to stent one of the large arteries.   The second fed the back of the heart and it was decided that there wasn't any use of trying to stent that one.   The remaining blockages are being treated with meds.   Now the biggest hurdle will be the change in diet and the stop smoking.   We are both taking Chantix and Lewis hasn't smoked since Friday.   I am trying really hard but haven't made much progress yet.   I am hoping that now that the stress level has decreased some that I will be able to make better progress.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,369
Points 48,695
Ginny replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 10:47 AM

Nana, I am delighted to hear that Lewis is home.  Wow, there will need to be major changes made. I am praying that you both have the strength and stamina to get thru all of the changes necessary.  Take care of yourself as you are aking care of Lewis.  I pray for extra strength for you to get thru to the other side of non-smoking.  That will be the biggest challenge and also the best gift you can give to each other and yourself.   Love and prayers for you .    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 11:00 AM

Nana, I'm praying for strength for both you and Lewis to give up the cigarette habit.  I can only imagine how difficult that must be, but the good Lord can help! 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 11:31 AM

Hi Nana,   Glad to hear that Lewis is home.  I know about changing cooking habits because of Bob's cholesterol and diabetes.  I do a lot of roasting of meats and veggies.   Chicken breasts coated with panko bread crumbs and a bit of Pam spray makes for a nice dish with very little fat and healthier.  I also roast cut up sweet potatoes like French fries but spray them with Pam, sprinkle with cinnamon and roast in oven.  Delicious and healthy.  Lots of those kind of recipes are around and are really tasty.  Trial and error.  Good luck.

Diana in East Tn.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 11:37 AM

Nana:
Now the biggest hurdle will be the change in diet and the stop smoking. 
                     Nana, So glad to hear that Lewis is home. Ive been concerned but did not know how to find out how you and he were doing.   I quit smoking 20 years ago and it was the hardest thing to do . What I found helped was not to go in the areas where I smoked. I dont know about you but I mainly smoked on my front porch or when having a drink. It also helped that most of my friends were non- smokers. And of course by the Grace of God I was able to do it . I will keep you both in my prayers and hope the positive out-weighs the negative in all these changes you both are facing .  I know I felt a whole lot better a year after quitting  and my Sinus/Bronchial infections went away.             Hugs, Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,020
Points 169,518
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 2:29 PM

Nana, thanks for the update on Lewis.  My continued prayers that the changes you need to make will soon become habit and the outcome is a healthier and happier life for both.  (((((HUGS))))) 

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,574
Points 36,060
ls2116 replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 2:52 PM

Nana your both in my thoughts and prayers.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 8:54 PM

Marie:

Nana, thanks for the update on Lewis.  My continued prayers that the changes you need to make will soon become habit and the outcome is a healthier and happier life for both.  (((((HUGS))))) 

Marie, I couldn't have said it any better.

Nana, you and Lewis continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep the faith, I know you can do this...

Winthrop, WA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 140

I'm praying down here in Richmond, TX for your sweet boy. Prayer is powerful. Thanks for reaching out.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:38 AM

Thanks for the continued prayers.  Lewis is doing much better.  I am having a hard time keeping him from doing things he shouldn't be doing yet.   Decreasing the fat in our diet hasn't been a problem but lowering the salt to where they want it has been a real headache.  Even fresh chicken has added sodium.   How rediculous.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 11:06 AM

Nana:

Thanks for the continued prayers.  Lewis is doing much better.  I am having a hard time keeping him from doing things he shouldn't be doing yet.   Decreasing the fat in our diet hasn't been a problem but lowering the salt to where they want it has been a real headache.  Even fresh chicken has added sodium.   How rediculous.

It is really tough isn't it!  I have been tracking salt and sugar (just preventative measure) myself and have been shocked.  Without adding either separately, I am averaging about 150% of what is recommended for a person my age and weight.  Pre-packaged foods are the worst!!!  I am working to lower the amounts for both DH & myself, so I can really appreciate how difficult it is when it is urgently necessary.  This is the beginning of a new life for both of you!!!

Winthrop, WA

Page 9 of 13 (193 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use