Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,340
Points 38,910
Mimi Posted: Sun, Mar 17 2013 4:11 PM

I thought I'd share some of the quilts I saw this weekend.  The tent makers were there selling their fabulous quilts and I bought fabric more than I should have.  Couldn't afford the tent maker beauties. LOL   Enjoy the winners. There were so many I couldn't choose which one to photograph.

This last one was Best Machine quilted.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,295
Points 45,755
Angele replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 5:39 PM

Mimi thanks for sharing such beautiful works of art!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:15 AM

Thanks for sharing.  These are awesome. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:24 AM

Mimi, really enjoyed, beautiful quilts

[Ava, Missouri

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,710

Thanks Mimi, I spent a few days at the Sewing Expo in lakeland and boy do I wish they had quilts like the ones you photographed.  Those are absolutely beautiful!  Do you think you will ever try a Baltimore?  By the way I bought the Elna 760 excellence,  woohoo!

Andrea

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,295
Points 45,755
Angele replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:20 AM

Andrea Dee:

Thanks Mimi, I spent a few days at the Sewing Expo in lakeland and boy do I wish they had quilts like the ones you photographed.  Those are absolutely beautiful!  Do you think you will ever try a Baltimore?  By the way I bought the Elna 760 excellence,  woohoo!

Congratulations Andrea. Will we get to see a picture of your new Elna?

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:58 AM

Thanks Mimi for the quilt show.  I love going to the Lancaster show.  Went 2 years ago and had a great time.  I'm hoping to go again next year.  My SIL drives down from upstate NY and drive up from here and meet in the middle.  I'll let you know if and when we come up and maybe we can meet up for a mini-reunion....or is that Mimi-reunion?  lol   

Nana - where's the pic of your new baby?  I'll get pics on here as soon as my new baby is delivered.

Andrea- And where are your pics????  We need to see all the new babies...hehehe'

Diana in East Tn.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,340
Points 38,910
Mimi replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 4:11 PM

Diana:
I'll let you know if and when we come up and maybe we can meet up for a mini-reunion....or is that Mimi-reunion?  lol   

He he he.  I know you Diana....you just want a peek at my stash..........But seriously I would love to host anyone who would like to go to the show next year.  And meeting up would be great.  I just told my DH I wasn't going again unless there was someone to go with me.  It's better with friends.  Hear that Andrea.  You can come up and stay with me and we can go to the show together. Congratulations to Nana and Andrea on the new machines.  Let's see those sweet photos please...........

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,340
Points 38,910
Mimi replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 4:16 PM

Andrea Dee:
Do you think you will ever try a Baltimore? 

Believe it or not I've been seriously considering it.  I have to learn more about them but I think they are absolutely stunning when finished.  Here's another one that the quilter copied from a picture in a magazine.  Made her own patterns and everything.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:17 PM

mimi  thanks for the show.  those quilts are beautiful...    

mimi and andrea,  are you appliquers yet?   the applique group has just started a beginner quilt that is free to download until the last of march.  it would be a great place to start.   we will also be starting a simpler baltimore style quilt in april or may.

i've made one baltimore quilt and several in the baltimore style.   there is no more satisfaction than completing that last block.   joining a block of the month class, if there is one available in your area is a great way to take a baltimore to completion.  all that competition of finishing your block each month.   you two also live relatively close to williamsburg.   elly seinkeiwitz holds a series of baltimore classes every year, i think in january.  something i would love to attend one day.   you might look into that, too.   it is not hard to make a baltimore quilt, it is just one stitch at a time and before you know it you're done.     :  )

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 8:55 PM

Those were some beautiful quilts!  I can dream about quilting so good.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,817
Points 352,377
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 1:18 AM

Mimi,

thanks for the show.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 3:08 AM

Mimi ,thanks for sharing these Photos, there are some beauitful quilts here. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use