Another Sewing Machine??

Page 22 of 22 (318 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 317 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

Donna, what a find! The price was certainly right. I still have to work so really don't have the time to devote to that kind of restoration. Looks like it would be fun work though. I learned to sew on a White machine (electric). I always thought it was funny that the White machine was really black.

I have 39 of the Dresden's from my aunt. I'm not really sure what I will do with the. A lot of them still need the embroidery done and that is the  hold up. I can embroider, but my hands will only work for so long. Not to mention that life keeps interfering, LOL. I have to go make some kettle corn and then off to my 2 yo dgd's birthday party so this day will be shot by the time I get home. I need to get the blocks out and in a prominent place so I can work on them whenever I have a few minutes. They aren't calling to me while in the closet, LOL.

Diane, I am anxious to see your "new" machine. Sounds wonderful. I find the whole idea of a treadle fascinating. If I had one I could sew and say I was exercising, lol! What a fantastic weight loss program. Much more fun than the treadmill. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 12:09 PM

Pat Lancaster:
If I had one I could sew and say I was exercising, lol! What a fantastic weight loss program. Much more fun than the treadmill. 

Pat, gosh I hadn't thought of that!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU... I want credit for every bit of exercise I accomplish...lol!  I wonder how many calories per hour you burn treadling?  I doubt that is on any of the current weight-loss website charts...lol!  Maybe I could use a recumbent bike as a comparable exercise.  

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 9:41 PM

Elaine Phillips:
I am getting a new machine today. My Viking Platinum 16 came in yesterday and I'm picking it up today. I won't get it set up until tomorrow. I'm so excited!

You've disappeared since this announcement, Elaine.  Are you quilting up a storm?  Waiting on that picture!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Page 22 of 22 (318 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use