Top 10 Posters

Another Sewing Machine??

Page 18 of 22 (318 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 317 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 245
Points 3,800
Pat replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 1:51 AM

Thanks Nana.    I was wondering about the different years.   I guess I will check out ebay and see what ican find.   Thanks so much. Pat

Pat   From Canada

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 1:59 AM

Nana:

Kris

That will be awesome.   When do you leave on your trip home?

June 28.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,625
Nana replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 11:38 AM

Kris

Wow....that will be here before you know it.   I am envious of all that beautiful island living for a couple of weeks.  I love going anywhere beachy and especially love all the beautiful ocean when you get away from the states.   I know you will have a great time.   Try to think about us occasionally while you are soaking up sunshine.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,560
Beth replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:38 PM

That's awesome Diana!! Sounds like Marie and lots of other ladies out here swear by the fw!!! I am trying to get myself motivated to go up to my mom's and see if I can't get her's running!!! We'd love to see pictures when you get it!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 1:15 AM

Nana:

Kris

Wow....that will be here before you know it.   I am envious of all that beautiful island living for a couple of weeks.  I love going anywhere beachy and especially love all the beautiful ocean when you get away from the states.   I know you will have a great time.   Try to think about us occasionally while you are soaking up sunshine.

Yep,

I definitely miss the beach. I'm starting to get excited. DH is going to have to work really hard to get me to come back to Maine LOL. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 1:34 AM

kris, i hope you have a wonderful trip home.  

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 7:59 AM

Debbie:
Wow!  I've been watching them on eBay but haven't bit the bullet yet.

well, I found a 1953 Featherweight  on eBay and put in a bid, the reserve hasn't been met so doubtful that I'll get it but who knows.  Anyone sees a 1953 one that's my brth year and what I want, let me know.  send me a msg here, it goes to my email and I check it all the time.  might look for a 1929, year of my Mom's birth but  don't think they started making them then, did they?   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 476
Points 7,600

Debbie:

Debbie:
Wow!  I've been watching them on eBay but haven't bit the bullet yet.

well, I found a 1953 Featherweight  on eBay and put in a bid, the reserve hasn't been met so doubtful that I'll get it but who knows.  Anyone sees a 1953 one that's my brth year and what I want, let me know.  send me a msg here, it goes to my email and I check it all the time.  might look for a 1929, year of my Mom's birth but  don't think they started making them then, did they?   

Debbie,

Try this link, The 221 Featherweights were made from 1933 to 1964.   They have several machines that might be in your price range. I know I have been looking, but I still have not been able to buy either.  The one they are showing is 499.00

http://www.kenssewingcenter.com/singer-221-featherweight-sewing-machine-p-30464.html?utm_campaign=bingsimple&utm_medium=product_search&utm_source=bingsimple

Julienne - Mid Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 395

http://www.deskdave.com/Cornucopia.htm

I am new to this list, and posted this already once.  Didn't get any responses......but I saw a red one at the Houston International Quilt Show and I really wanted a red one.  I got my birth year......he has lot's of years to choose from.  I love mine.  It is the Candy Apple Red.....it hums right along........

I know that there are those that don't like refurbished......but I am very happy to have mine, sews great, and it is what I wanted........

Enjoy, gloria g. Hemingway, SC

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 476
Points 7,600

gloria g. Walls:

http://www.deskdave.com/Cornucopia.htm

I am new to this list, and posted this already once.  Didn't get any responses......but I saw a red one at the Houston International Quilt Show and I really wanted a red one.  I got my birth year......he has lot's of years to choose from.  I love mine.  It is the Candy Apple Red.....it hums right along........

I know that there are those that don't like refurbished......but I am very happy to have mine, sews great, and it is what I wanted........

Enjoy, gloria g. Hemingway, SC

Gloria,

I did go to the web site, when you first click on the link it brings up the fancy red ones that you got and I think the sticker shock of over $1000 is why no one kept looking, but I started to look around they do have the 222 model and the 221 model. The 222 is rare and they do not have price listings for that one. But the 221 Is a firm $595.00 for anyone looking. You have to call to get your year and model number for that year.  They do have brand new cases for the machines for $65.

Thanks for sharing the link.

Julienne - Mid Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 395

Yes...Julienne you are right......you can call and chat with Dave, and get the year you want and he has others reduced other than the painted ones.......

I just wanted RED..........I do love mine.....

Happy in Quilting, gloria g. Hemingway, SC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 10:25 AM

gloria g. Walls:
am new to this list, and posted this already once.  Didn't get any responses......

Gloria,

you did get a couple responses. I visited the site as I've been wanting one in royal blue. THe prices are too steep for me right now but I've bookmarked the site.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 476
Points 7,600
Julienne replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 10:34 AM

gloria g. Walls:

Yes...Julienne you are right......you can call and chat with Dave, and get the year you want and he has others reduced other than the painted ones.......

I just wanted RED..........I do love mine.....

Happy in Quilting, gloria g. Hemingway, SC

The red ones are sure pretty. I just got a new Janome that I am paying off so that will have to be put on the back burner. But I do have the site bookmarked as well.  One day.

Julienne - Mid Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 395

Beautiful....enjoy.

gloria g. Hemingway, SC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 7:54 PM

Kris:

Gloria,

you did get a couple responses. I visited the site as I've been wanting one in royal blue. THe prices are too steep for me right now but I've bookmarked the site.

I'm with Kris - that initial $1000+ is sticker shock and out of my budget.  for that price I want a  Bernia or Janome.  My budget  for a FW is $250, after all I just got one brand new machine a month ago.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 18 of 22 (318 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use