Top 10 Posters

Another Sewing Machine??

Page 11 of 22 (318 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 317 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,132
Kris replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 12:49 PM

Marie,

your girl is gorgeous too.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, May 4 2013 10:23 PM

Well, I had a big surprise this evening, DH won the auction on EBay for a very sweet 1948 Featherweight...an early birthday present for me!  I knew he had been looking at them for the last couple of weeks, bringing his laptop to me to see what I thought of this one and that one, but I really didn't expect him to actually buy one.  BUT HE DID!!!

WOW...now I am really excited!!! 

It's not due to arrive until the 9th and living out in the boon-docks like we do, everything takes a few days longer than anywhere else in the world, so it will probably be the following week.  But, that's OK, I will be going to Spokane to a digitizing workshop on the 9th & 10th anyway.  At least I won't be sitting here watching for the UPS truck to drive up our hill...LOL!

Pictures to follow after it's arrival...yaa hoo!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, May 5 2013 12:51 AM

I think maybe he beat me out for the Featherweight.  Oh well, at least it went to someone nice who will take care of it.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sun, May 5 2013 3:06 AM

Donna B:

Well, I had a big surprise this evening, DH won the auction on EBay for a very sweet 1948 Featherweight...an early birthday present for me!  I knew he had been looking at them for the last couple of weeks, bringing his laptop to me to see what I thought of this one and that one, but I really didn't expect him to actually buy one.  BUT HE DID!!!

WOW...now I am really excited!!! 

It's not due to arrive until the 9th and living out in the boon-docks like we do, everything takes a few days longer than anywhere else in the world, so it will probably be the following week.  But, that's OK, I will be going to Spokane to a digitizing workshop on the 9th & 10th anyway.  At least I won't be sitting here watching for the UPS truck to drive up our hill...LOL!

Pictures to follow after it's arrival...yaa hoo!

Congratulations on your new baby, Donna!  Now Wayne can stop spending so much time looking for one for you. :-)  I am sure you will love it even if it doesn't have the bells and whistles of your other machines.  Looking forward to seeing her in person.  Will you bring it to the group sewing on the 29th?  I just made an appt. with my anti-coag person for the 29th.  i will change it when we get back to the valley.  The 29th sewing session takes priority.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sun, May 5 2013 8:49 AM

Great b'day present Donna.  I'd be on pins and needles waiting for it.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 477
Points 7,620

Fantastic Marge, Congrats on your new baby!

Julienne - Mid Mo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, May 5 2013 10:23 AM

Karla:

I think maybe he beat me out for the Featherweight.  Oh well, at least it went to someone nice who will take care of it.

Too funny Karla!  I probably shouldn't tell you this, but he was within $2.00 of his limit...so $3.00 more from you and it would have been yours.  But, as you know there are a lot of nice machines on EBay.  You will find that special one just for you too!!!  

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, May 5 2013 10:35 AM

Marge P:
Congratulations on your new baby, Donna!  Now Wayne can stop spending so much time looking for one for you. :-)  I am sure you will love it even if it doesn't have the bells and whistles of your other machines.  Looking forward to seeing her in person.  Will you bring it to the group sewing on the 29th?  I just made an appt. with my anti-coag person for the 29th.  i will change it when we get back to the valley.  The 29th sewing session takes priority.

Thanks Marge!  But, I think Wayne enjoys the search more than the find...lol!  Yes I will bring her on the 29th, or you may see her before at SAIL.  So, you were out of the valley on Thursday...we missed you at SAIL.  

Regarding the 29th, don't forget we are doing the "snow-dyeing" demo...so we need to do some planning on how to make this all work out.  If the weather is nice, I am hoping we could do part of it out on the patio outside the sun-room where we will be sewing.  (I will call Raleigh about that.) 

So, for now I am on "pins and needles" hoping this FW is in as nice a condition as described.  Keeping my fingers crossed ...XXOOXX

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, May 5 2013 10:36 AM

Thanks Ginny and Julienne!  I am excited...

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, May 5 2013 12:42 PM

Donna B:
DH won the auction on EBay for a very sweet 1948 Featherweight...an early birthday present for me!

Woo hoo!  What a treat!  That's the same year as my Featherweight.  Is yours a scroll plate or striated?  I believe that was the year of the switchover.

While you are waiting for your baby to arrive, I recommend ordering the book Featherweight 221: The Perfect Portable from Amazon.  It's an interesting read on the history of the Featherweight and it contains an enlarged reproduction of the original user's guide.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, May 5 2013 12:58 PM

Donna, 

This site, Featherweight 221 Factory, has service and adjustment manuals that you might need in cleaning & tuning your new machine.  Scroll down and look in the left menu for the PDFs.  They are free to download and print.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, May 5 2013 1:00 PM

Finally, this is the site I use for ordering parts and lubricants.  Featherweight RX

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sun, May 5 2013 1:18 PM

Donna B:
Regarding the 29th, don't forget we are doing the "snow-dyeing" demo...so we need to do some planning on how to make this all work out.  If the weather is nice, I am hoping we could do part of it out on the patio outside the sun-room where we will be sewing.  (I will call Raleigh about that.) 

No, I won't forget the 29th although I mistakenly made a Dr's appt that day but will change it when we get back.  You will miss us the next three SAIL days - Theresa knows that we will be absent.

Yes, we must get the "snow-dyeing" stuff figured out - It certainly will be different standing in shirt sleeves working with the snow as compared to the winter months.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,132
Kris replied on Sun, May 5 2013 2:36 PM

Donna B:
Well, I had a big surprise this evening, DH won the auction on EBay for a very sweet 1948 Featherweight...an early birthday present for me!

Congratulations Donna. Looking forward to seeing her.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sun, May 5 2013 2:42 PM

Donna

Congratulations on your new baby.   I know that you will love her.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 11 of 22 (318 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use