Top 10 Posters

Another Sewing Machine??

Page 10 of 22 (318 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 317 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 691
Points 17,320

Kris:

weezee56:
I found a site that said my machine was made on Oct 14th 1953.

The dates are the dates the serial numbers were issued. It is not an exact "birth" date. Your machine was made between the dates of that issue and the next one. The year you can be sure of but not the exact day.

My machine was made between March 15 and June 11 1937.

I know that the exact date is not possible to determine, but I'd like to think mine was actually conceived on my mum's birthdate and then born on my birthday!  Fanciful?  Yes, of course.  But since Featherweights have taken on an almost cultic caste with quilters, why not carry the fantasy a bit further?  It's all just in fun anyway. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

MNnancy:

Having met her now, I don't think Leslie is out of control.  I think she plots/controls what she says and what she does very carefully with her devious mind!  Don't let her fool you into thinking she caved in to that rendezvous with Sir Sews.A.Lot.  She plotted her every move to make him hot for her!

ROFLOL,   I have gone all these years Nancy, without anyone figuring that out.    My mind is always working ahead of time, on my next plan

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 691
Points 17,320

Well, "Barb" arrived today from Canada.  She is gorgous--I'd forgotten how tiny they are!  Other than a little bit of wear in the front of the needle area, she is in mint condition.  Sews very quietly except for a bit of a clacking sound that seems to be coming from the motor/ wheel area.  I can't find the source, but I'm sure I'll quickly adjust to her special sound.  I am very pleased with my purchase.  Now to find a bag that she and the voltage transformer will fit into. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,549
Points 51,315
Ginny replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 6:46 PM

Brigit-Carol, How cute she is.  She is a winner.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,460
Points 176,523
Marie replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 7:29 PM

Brigit she's a beauty!  What year is she?  I showed my DGD mine today and she thought it was a toy.  I told her it was my new toy.  

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,146
Points 17,620

Brigit-Carol:

Well, "Barb" arrived today from Canada.  She is gorgous--I'd forgotten how tiny they are!  Other than a little bit of wear in the front of the needle area, she is in mint condition.  Sews very quietly except for a bit of a clacking sound that seems to be coming from the motor/ wheel area.  I can't find the source, but I'm sure I'll quickly adjust to her special sound.  I am very pleased with my purchase.  Now to find a bag that she and the voltage transformer will fit into. 

Barb is beautiful.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Bridget-Carol, she is a beauty

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,502
Points 48,070
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 10:17 PM

Brigit-Carol,

Your baby is lovely,  im sure you will have great fun playing with her.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 0
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 10:28 PM

Brigitte, she looks like a good one. I know when I got mine I heard a clacking sound that was because of my spool of thread. I used a straw inserted on spool which solved that noise.

from TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 691
Points 17,320

Bev :

Brigitte, she looks like a good one. I know when I got mine I heard a clacking sound that was because of my spool of thread. I used a straw inserted on spool which solved that noise.

I hadn't thought of that--thanks.  The spool holder is smaller than on my other machines so I'll see if I can find a straw and try that. 

She was "born" in Scotland in1948 -- the same year I was born in England.  So we were both born on the same side of the big pond.    

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 1:25 PM

Brigit-Carol

So sorry I didn't get back to you.   I was out to town for a few days and came home to computer issues.   Just got everything back up and running today.   You baby looks awesome.  I think you made a good choice.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 1:32 PM

Marie:
I showed my DGD mine today and she thought it was a toy.

Does this mean that you have received her?   If not let me know and I will check with the seller.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,460
Points 176,523
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 5:06 PM

Nana, I received and responded to your PM's so this is a repeat.  Yes I did receive her on the 4th of April.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 10:12 AM

Marie

She is mighty pretty sitting there.   Hope you have fun with her.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,852
Points 366,467
Kris replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 12:47 PM

Brigit-Carol:
Well, "Barb" arrived today from Canada.  She is gorgous--I'd forgotten how tiny they are!

She sure is a beauty Brigit. Congrats.

Page 10 of 22 (318 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use