Top 10 Posters

Another Sewing Machine??

Page 8 of 22 (318 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 317 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,138
Points 17,535
weezee56 replied on Sun, Mar 31 2013 11:01 PM

Hi MNnancy, You are right mine is a 1953, I wanted a 56 the year I was born but they were going for too much money. Then this one came along. I won her while in was in Florida on vacation. I had to wait almost a month after she came before I got to see her.

Hi Jacy, Is it easy to do a scant 1/4" with your 1/4" foot?

Hi Diana, Sarah sounds like a great name for your new old girl.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,840
Points 366,242
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 31 2013 11:48 PM

Diana,

your Sarah is a beauty. Thanks for the photo. This website sells supplies for Featherweights. I ordered a new Foot controller with power cord and a 1/4 inch foot for mine.

BTW I'm calling my girl Nancy Marie in honour of Nana, who found her for me, and Marie who shares the same birth year. Plus these ladies are very special to me.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Diana, Your Sarah, is a beauty

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Kris, what a wonderful, name you have given her

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 7:10 AM

awwww Kris

You made me tear up.   You are very special to me as well.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,452
Points 176,393
Marie replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 9:14 AM

Ditto what Nana said, Kris.  She beat me to it.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 9:15 AM

Kris:
BTW I'm calling my girl Nancy Marie in honour of Nana, who found her for me, and Marie who shares the same birth year. Plus these ladies are very special to me.

You found the perfect name for your beautiful machine, Kris.

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 17,135

Lovely machines, folks.  Nana did you all proud.  I PM'd Nana to see if she'd advise me as well.  But since I didn't hear from her I went ahead and got one from E-Bay.  I have no luck whatsoever on auctions, and after being beat out of 4 ending the same day, I found this one on "Buy it Now" and grabbed it.  I'm still hoping Nana might respond just to let me know if I'm a bloody fool for getting it or brilliant.  What enticed me is it has been reconditioned.  The downside is no carrier and it will need a step up transformer.  New cases are expensive, but I figure I can make a quilted carry bag for her.  Tell me what you think?  Did I do good or should I have held out longer for a better buy?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/261194409097?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

She was born the same year I was (she's 4 months older) and about 150 or so miles from me.  Her in Scotland, me in N. England.  So we sort of speak the same language, just different accents.  :)

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 17,135

Duplicate post - sorry

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,452
Points 176,393
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 1:20 PM

Brigit, it looks good to me but what do I know, Nana's the expert in seeking out the good ones.  I haven't received mine yet and beginning to worry since Kris won her bid after Nana won her bid for me.  Kris has had it since last week.  Patience is what I need right now, I guess.  I'm trying.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 2:14 PM

Brigit-Carol:

Lovely machines, folks.  Nana did you all proud.  I PM'd Nana to see if she'd advise me as well.  But since I didn't hear from her I went ahead and got one from E-Bay.  I have no luck whatsoever on auctions, and after being beat out of 4 ending the same day, I found this one on "Buy it Now" and grabbed it.  I'm still hoping Nana might respond just to let me know if I'm a bloody fool for getting it or brilliant.  What enticed me is it has been reconditioned.  The downside is no carrier and it will need a step up transformer.  New cases are expensive, but I figure I can make a quilted carry bag for her.  Tell me what you think?  Did I do good or should I have held out longer for a better buy?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/261194409097?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

She was born the same year I was (she's 4 months older) and about 150 or so miles from me.  Her in Scotland, me in N. England.  So we sort of speak the same language, just different accents.  :)

Im no expert either, but if i was there i would have brought it, it looks wonderful.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,138
Points 17,535

Brigit-Carol:
Lovely machines, folks.

Looks to me like you got a great machine for a great price. When are you going to get her? Will she have a name?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,138
Points 17,535

Marie, You can always get in touch with the seller on ebay to find out what the delay is. Or ask Nana if she is the one that did the transaction for you. I know mine took longer than I thought it would too, but the day he was going to send her was a holiday on a Monday, and he didn't ship her until that Friday. I was in Florida and didn't get to see her until I got back. I needed to know so my DD2 could go to my house and get her out of the cold. Feb. in Michigan can be nasty. Good luck on your delivery.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,452
Points 176,393
Marie replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 3:26 PM

Thanks Weezee56, I know that I need to show a little patience here, just can't wait to see my new baby.  It's way to early for Nana to check up on her delivery since today is the last day it's expected to come.  Maybe by weeks end I'll ask her to check it out if it hasn't come.  Maybe I'll call her "Patience" when she finally gets here.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Or Marie, you could call her Leslie,  Since she will be such sweetie, and i am sure she will be very quiet when you sew with her like me also  :)

[Ava, Missouri

Page 8 of 22 (318 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use