Top 10 Posters

Martelli ergo rotary cutter

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
12 Posts
Points 220
jaynegriffith posted on Thu, Mar 14 2013 7:12 PM

Does anyone use these? I would like to know what you think of them as I am looking for a rotary cutter that won't put so much stress on my hand, starting to have pain issues and need to relieve the stress on the area. 

• | Post Points: 80

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,837 Posts
Points 123,680

Jayne

I absolutely hated it. I found it very difficult to change the blade and it was awkward to use. The little spring broke almost immediately. I threw it in a box and it ended up at Goodwill.

It got good reviews on Amazon so what do I know.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 40

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,837 Posts
Points 123,680

Jayne

I absolutely hated it. I found it very difficult to change the blade and it was awkward to use. The little spring broke almost immediately. I threw it in a box and it ended up at Goodwill.

It got good reviews on Amazon so what do I know.

• | Post Points: 40
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Points 220

Thank you for your response.  I tend not to put too much faith in the reviews on seller sites, would rather get info from people like you on a group page.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,979 Posts
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 8:40 PM

I love mine. I can cut sitting or standing. Never have to apply too much pressure and it fits nicely in in my hand. It helps keep my wrist straight. I have carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists.

My first one broke and the company sent me a new one. The new one if more sturdy than the first.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,468 Posts
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:10 PM

jayne,

I would have to agree with Judy T.  At first it was great.  The blade turned smoothly.  The cut was super straight.  Then I started to change the blades and it went all wonky on me.  The blade never again cut straight.  It wobbled all over the place.  I felt like I had wasted my money as they are not cheap.  But I haven't given up on it.  It's still sitting in my sewing room.  I'll probably give it another try some  day............

Top 500 Contributor
Female
129 Posts
Points 2,280
Sherry replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 12:56 PM

Gave mine away, absolutely hated it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,837 Posts
Points 123,680

Sherry:

Gave mine away, absolutely hated it.

Sherry, I'm so relieved I'm not the only one. After reading the high reviews on Amazon I thought maybe it was me that thought it was an awful cutter.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,610 Posts
Points 178,513
Marie replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 3:14 PM

Jayne, I've been using one for years.  The first one I had broke and they replaced it with a new one.  Another of mine lost the spring and they replaced the whole thing because they didn't have any springs at a show I went to where they had a booth.  I have the large and two regular sized ones and love the fact I could stand or sit and use it without wrist problems.  You have to be sure that you are holding it correctly, I went to the site and watched the demo to be sure.  Check it out, the girls having a problem with it.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
65 Posts
Points 1,265

Can anyone tell me the name brand of the ergonomic cuttery they're using?  I'm considering purchasing one (by Fiskars) and am wondering if there are others. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,608 Posts
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 5:50 PM

I hav an olfa one and love it.  Actually I have 2 of them. a60mm and a 45mm.  I also have the sraight one from Olfa that I have had for about 30 years, but using the ergonomic ones ia so much easier.   Ginny

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use