Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 155
Cindy Posted: Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:51 PM

Hello. New here. I've been quilting for about 10 yrs, making some  small lap quilts.Just began taking it serious ( getting addicted) about a year ago. I've done two CalKIng quilts,one queen size and getting ready to hand quilt another queen size. My husband gave me a new machine for Christmas so I am learning to machine quilt.

I live in southeast Ohio..out in the country. Love to hear and learn from other quilters as I don't have any one close to chat with.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 4:15 PM

hi cindy, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 4:16 PM

Hi Cindy being a country gal myself I understand about not having anyone close by to sew with.  I'm lucky that I found a group about 5 years ago and we meet e Rey Tuesday night for supper and sewing.  If you can find a place to go for free (we are in the upstairs meeting room of the municipal office) you might find others in your situation close by.  I hope you find many friends here. We are normally a very friendly bunch...lol. I hope to see your quilts soon.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 5:59 PM

Hi Cindy, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 539
Points 8,465
Joyce replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 6:09 PM

Hi Cindy, I don't have anyone to quilt with at this time either.  I haven't done much quilting for a while but trying to get back into it.  Have been working on machine quilting a queen/king 1999 Joann Fabric block of the month quilt I had put together years ago but not sandwiched.  I hope to give it to my son for Christmas, plus quilt another one about the same size for my daughter and another I have the top finished but not sandwiched for my DGD.  So I keep telling myself to get downstairs and work, but life keeps happening. lol  I think you will enjoy chatting with the girls on here and they have more quilting knowledge than I can ever keep up with.  They are great.  Nice to meet you.

My daughter lives in Ohio in  the country also but she doesn't quilt she just waits for mom to make hers. ha

Joyce

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 12:19 AM

Welcome Cindy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 11:09 AM

Cindy ,welcome to the club, hope you enjoy your time with us . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use