Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 6,740
tnmtgrl Posted: Mon, Mar 11 2013 2:24 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new to the club, I am from east tennessee and spend most of my spare time quilting.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 140
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 2:27 PM

hi tnmtgrl, welcome to the group. we have several members here from eastern tennessee

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 6,740
tnmtgrl replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 2:33 PM

Thanx Gini, maybe I'll meet a few of my E TN neighbors here...

newport, tennessee

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 2:35 PM

Hello there...Welcome and enjoy yourself.  Where in East Tn. are you?  I'm in Morristown, Tn but a transplant from upstate NY 8 years ago after I retired.  I've been quilting about 15 years.  We have a lot of fun here and help each other with any problems we might have.  We've learned so much from each other.  Enjoy yourself and ask if you have any problems or questions.

Diana in East Tn. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 6,740
tnmtgrl replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 2:53 PM

Thanx Diana, I am in Newport...we are neighbors!! But I too am a transplant from FL 5 yrs ago when my husband retired. I have been quilting about 10 yrs....I had counted cross-stitched for years and had always wanted to learn to quilt but never really started because I was never very good with a sewing machine but  I needed an outlet to keep my mind occupied after we lost our youngest son and the rest is history....it has become addicting as I am sure you know it can, it saved my sanity and now I can't stop...lol. I taught myself from books and shows....and I am always learning something new. I hand quilt..I prefer it to machine quilting...I guess from my years as a cross-stitcher. I think I am going to enjoy this club, thanx for the warm welcome.

newport, tennessee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,465
Points 362,017
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 2:56 PM

Welcome Tnmtgrl.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:04 PM

Welcome tnmtgirl. 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:11 PM

tnmtgrl,    Are you going to the Pigeon Forge quilt show this week??  I'm hoping to go on Friday.  The quilts are beautiful and sometimes give inspiration to try new things.  You'll also have to check out some of our retreats that we go to.  There's one in June that is in Sevierville for a week.  It's reasonably priced and we spend the time sewing, laughing, eating, oh, and a bit more sewing.  I always say strangers are just friends we haven't met yet.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 6,740
tnmtgrl replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:21 PM

I will probably be working, what days is the Pigeon Forge show? I know I am working on Friday. The retreat in June...what are the dates for that...again I probably will be working especially if it is a weekend. I always miss all the good stuff because of work...I need to get dates for these things way ahead of time so I can take my vacations then...how far in advance can you get schedules for this stuff...I need at least 3 weeks notice, preferably even more...oh well there's always next year I guess.

newport, tennessee

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 155
Cindy replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:58 PM

Hello from Ohio. New here myself. I love Tennessee, it's a beautiful state. we just bought a motor home and plan on spending a lot of time in the mountain area there.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 4:07 PM

Welcome tnmtgrl from middle TN!  You will love everyone on this site and if you searched the world over you could not find a nicer bunch !!

from TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,188
Points 15,900
Susan replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 5:21 PM

Welcome, tnmtgrl ! As I was reading the posts I saw that you may be interested in th Smokey Mountain Retreat. It is June 22 thru 28 and cost $ 200.00 Its a lot of fun and the lodge is big and beautiful on Douglas Lake, My DH and I went last year and had a wonderful week, making new friends, sewing, shopping, laughing , eating , etc. The guys went out on day trips together and really enjoyed getting to know each other.  Give it some thought and see if you can get some time off from work.  Glad you decided to join us here at QCA.   Susan,  North, Florida

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,188
Points 15,900
Susan replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 5:21 PM

Welcome, tnmtgrl ! As I was reading the posts I saw that you may be interested in the Smokey Mountain Retreat. It is June 22 thru 28 and cost $ 200.00 Its a lot of fun and the lodge is big and beautiful on Douglas Lake, My DH and I went last year and had a wonderful week, making new friends, sewing, shopping, laughing , eating , etc. The guys went out on day trips together and really enjoyed getting to know each other.  Give it some thought and see if you can get some time off from work.  Glad you decided to join us here at QCA.   Susan,  North, Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,388
Marie replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 5:32 PM

Hi tnmtgrl, welcome to the gang and enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 6,740
tnmtgrl replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 5:44 PM

I am actually going to be on vacation that week but unfortunately my grandchildren will be here from FL staying with us that week...have to see my babies, so maybe next year...thanx

newport, tennessee

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use