Visiting Pennsylvania to see Amish quilts

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
sara-rose Posted: Sat, Mar 9 2013 10:03 PM

Hello! I'm from New Zealand and am visiting PA in July and staying a night or two as I have a life-long love of Amish quilts and heritage. Can any one give me advice on where to stay, what to do, places to see authentic quilts etc? Any tips much appreciated- thanks!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 2:48 PM

don't forget to take lots of pictures to share with us!  Have an awesome trip.  I think Lancaster is the area you don't want to miss.  I loved it when I was there, visited the Amish harness makers, they do fantastic work.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,919
gini replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 2:53 PM

it has been a long time since i was there.   intercourse, PA was amish central then.    we drove around the country and whe you see a picture of a quilt hanging out by the mail box, that means there are quilts for sale.   that was the most fun, going to their houses and looking at all the quilts. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 3:18 PM

Must visit the town of Intercourse, Pennsylvania. (Town name came from a time when that meant conversation.) Lots of quilts.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 629
Points 12,375

My boyfriend and I spent a few days in the town of Intercourse, PA last April. We stayed at a bed & breakfast called "The Inn & Spa at Intercourse Village."  It's a great town-- lots and lots of Amish quilts and tours of Amish farms available. The people at the bed and breakfast were so nice, too.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use