Top 10 Posters

Have you ever made a quilt for someone just because you wanted to, but others said you should not?

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070

I have made many quilts for people just because.  Often when I am working on a quilt a person will be on my mind the whole time I am making the quilt.  I will even dream about the person.  When this happens the quilt ALWAYS goes to that person "just because" 

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 90
Points 1,190
Bianca replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 5:59 PM

Zoetc, it is your fabric and your time. I think it is your right to make a quilt for whom ever you wish. If you think this guy is worthy of your time and fabric, go right ahead. I think friends are quilt worthy. I have made items for people, just because I wanted to, and they really loved it. I see nothing wrong in wanting to do something nice for someone, especially your friend.

Have fun making the quilt, and ignore people who find him undeserving. The only opinion that matters in this case is yours. I would love to see a picture of the quilt though.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 539
Points 9,385
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 6:53 PM

OM, yes, I thought about him the whole time I was making this quilt. I think it was the  fastest one I had ever made because I was so tired of thinking about him...lol

I never realized how much one thinks about the person when making a quilt, but it is so true. That is why this one has to go to him.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 539
Points 9,385
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 7:10 PM

I have no problem sending you a picture of the quilt. i cannot seem to get it small enought to post. Any suggestions?

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use