Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 34,155
Jodie Davis Posted: Fri, May 1 2009 9:24 AM

Whew! It's been a long time coming but finally the new QCA site is here! And so worth the wait.

I am a 30-time author, twenty-nine of which are quilting books, torch-bearer for QNNtv.com, cheerleader for QCA, a regular guest on Love of Quilting, contributor to Love of Quilting and Easy Quilts magazines, co-host of a new QNNtv.com series I can't tell you about yet... and so lucky to work in the quilting industry with such wonderful people. Quilters are the best!

I live in north Georgia, my husband and I are avid gardeners (check my blog www.quiltersblogs.com for pictures), make my own beer, appear to collect cats as two just arrived on the scene bringing us to five, and have a foundling dog/hiking buddy named Cassie. (She appeared in my lap one day when I was visiting my Mom's miniature horses.)

Enough about me, tell us about YOU!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Well, shoot! I think I posted my introduction in the wrong place! Can you move it? Should I copy and paste? I'm, obviously, totally confused! :)

Judy I

Gillette, WY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 34,155

Judy, you can copy and paste it to the intro section. The forums are going to be rearranged so it makes more sense. We have a lot of tweaking to do before the official launch!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 1,655

I posted earlier this morning when I joined, so I'll re-post here:

I just joined the community.  My name is Deanne Eisenman and I am the owner/designer for Snuggles Quilts.  I'm looking forward to quilt market next week in Pittsburgh!  Hope to see many of you there.  If you have a chance, stop by booth #623 and say "hi".

I live in Osage IA with my husband and two teens.  My daughter graduates the week after market (eek!) and my son is a freshman.  Our cat, Snuggles, wandered into our home about 10 years ago and became the namesake of my company because she loves to sleep on all my samples.  My first book, Country-Fresh Quilts,  was published last year by Martingale & Co.  It was a lot of fun to do and I hope to do another.  I've been published several times in various quilt magazines and in the American Patchwork and Quilting calendar.  I love the whole process from designing the quilts, writing the patterns to making the samples.

Happy Quilting!

Deanne Eisenman

Snuggles Quilts

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

So, below is what I posted in the wrong section. Good thing everything will be moved around! LOL!

Hello!

My name is Judy Iliff (that's eye-liff - the first letter of my last name is an "i" not a one, the "i" in the 2nd syllable is short). I really dislike sans serif fonts because may last name looks like it's spelled LLiFF. LOL! At any rate, I'm new to QCA. I joined yesterday.

I have sewn since I was 5 but didn't start quilting until after my mother died in 1994. That summer my dad sent me to a quilting camp that Mom use to attend. Well, he didn't actually "send" me, but he wanted me to go and he paid for it! Worked for me! I have quilted off and on since then, mostly in the summer. I retired from teaching at the end of the 2007-08 school year and thought I'd be doing a lot of quilting. Unfortunately, my sewing area was driving me nuts! It was just too cluttered and I really didn't want to be in there. As I posted on another thread, I'm in the process of having that room remodeled. Hopefully they'll finish today, but I really don't think that's going to happen. Maybe this week?

We live in the northeast corner of Wyoming and are fairly close to Devil's Tower of Close Encounters of the Third Kind fame. It's about 40 miles from here.

I'm excited about this new site. I have a couple of questions about it, though, and I'm not sure where to post those. I'm sure I'll figure it out - or make something up!

Judy I

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Wed, Aug 12 2009 9:01 PM

Judy

I am so glad to hear that. I am not sure where I am let a lone who I am. 

However I am sure having a lot of fun being there.

I am so glad and I wish to thank everyone for being so helpful and patient.

I am so enjoying all the info and tips and ideas.  When I get a little better at all of this I promise to share all of my knowledge. 

Duh---that won't take long!!!!!

However I must say Helly is a good neighbor ---We live about 5 minutes from each other -----

Now I ask you --Can't you just imagine all the fun we have touring the quilt shops.

We went to the Lancaster show in PA on a bus tour a few times. I am so sad that this show(Heritage Quilt Show) in Lancaster PA is no more. 

We just loved it and loved the area. So much to see.  So quaint!

Perhaps some of you could suggest some shows that would be similar and in a location such as Lancaster area  without the hustle and bustle of the big city. Any suggestions?.

Edith

Edith

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Are you and Helly fairly close to Lancaster, Edith? I have a friend from a private quilt list who lives near Lancaster. Before she had surgery on her knees, she use to go to the Lancaster QS fairly often. I can ask her of other quilt shows. Are you limited by distance?

Gillette, WY

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Wed, Aug 12 2009 9:46 PM

Well I can only speak for myself but when it comes to quilting endeavours I will travel to the end of the earth. Well ALMOST!

Actually PA is about 8 hr. drive from us but we had taken a bus trip to these shows, which is a great way to travel. 

Thankyou so much andI think if the rumors are correct they assume that some company like Mancuso will pick up the show in a year of so but if anyone has any info on upcoming quilt shows in this area I would certainly be interested

Helen if you are close by ---Thanks again for informing me of this site.

These  gals are all so helpful

Talk tomorrow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Edith, glad you are enjoying the site..I am on here way too much..teehee..oh well..got the boys working now so I don't feel so bad..and they are not bad to watch working either...oops..did I say that out loud..teehee

Ontario, Canada

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

Hi Edith and Helen, it is so much fun to have a friend to go and do things with that likes the same things you do.

Helen thank you so much for bringing Edith along with you here, I know we will enjoy her as much as we do you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Thu, Aug 13 2009 11:39 AM

OK Helen back to work. Yeah I know what you mean. I always wanted my husband to hire a pool boy. 

I didn't know you had to have the pool first. Ha Ha 

How did you manage this Helen???

Any way have to continue my quilting and get off of here. This is addictive.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Thu, Aug 13 2009 12:05 PM

my boys are finishing the house for us...so nice...the deck is finished and now they are starting on the quest room...trim is so exciting....I knew Edith would have fun once she got started on here...it is SO addictive

Ontario, Canada

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.