Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 110
Linda Posted: Tue, Mar 5 2013 10:15 AM

Hi everyone! I'm a retired engineer living in Pennsylvania.  I have a wonderful husband, two grown children, and two cats.  My new passion is quilting, quilting, quilting!  I just started about a year ago. So far I've finished 4 quilts and a table runner.  My ambition is to make a king-sized Bargello quilt some day.  Right now, though, I'm sticking to simpler things.  I'm taking a break after the last quilt I made for my husband and making some quilted pot holder and mitt sets, for little Christmas presents.  Nothing like starting early!  My next quilt is going to be a king sized one all in blue, green, and purple batiks.

I'm looking forward to the information, inspiration, and camaraderie that I'm sure I will find on this board!

Have a happy and blessed day!

Linda in PA

• | Post Points: 110
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,494
Points 30,410
Diana replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 10:32 AM

Welcome Linda,    We really enjoy sharing our love of quilting so if you have questions, just ask away.   Someone here will definately have an answer.  There's a whole group of us in Branson, Mo at the moment on a quilter's retreat so if you look at the Marauding in Missouri, you'll even have a chance to put faces to some names.  You'll see what we do on these retreats.  Stop in and enjoy yourself.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,295
Points 413,979
gini replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 10:58 AM

Hi Linda welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 11:44 AM

Hi Linda, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Hi Linda,

Welcome to the group. You will love it here. Would love to see some pictures of your projects. You will get a let of information and insperation here.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,179
Points 15,780
Susan replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 12:12 PM

Welcome, Linda ! Glad to hear you took up quilting as a hobby. It is very addicting and so enjoyable. You are always learning something new and interesting.  The folks here are so helpful with any and all questions you may have about quilting, and life in general.  Looking forward to chatting with you .    Susan, North, Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,394
Points 360,972
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 7:54 PM

Welcome Linda.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 101
Points 1,890

Welcome! I just started quilting and find the forums and BOM quilt bee super helpful to learn techniques. Super addictive and fun! Remember to post pictures!  Love pictures. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 3:14 AM

Linda,welcome to the club, I hope you will enjoy yor time with us. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 629
Points 12,375

Hi, Linda- Welcome! This is a fun and full-of-information place. I've found everyone here to be so, so helpful. Any chance you're from Western PA? I haven't come across anyone closeby yet.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use