Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 1:19 PM

I would be interested too. I would make tops for Maddie "quilt hugs for Maddie" let me know. You can PM me.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 1:40 PM

PM me, also.. I am interested, also.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 3:27 PM

I hate to be the wet-blanket here, but this is "jfc's" very first post after joining QCA...TODAY!  

(I apologize "jfc" if you are just trying to find quilty homes for your mother's fabric.  If so that is a very kind gesture.)

But, I would be very cautious about giving any personal info until you know more about this person . (And, how are you going to verify?)  

Remember, all the recent talk about ID Theft and security fraud???  Just beware of anything that seems too good to be true...it just might be!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 3:57 PM

Donna, I had thought about that also. Tried to delete my post. You can't do that. And, I know I have not gotten any friend request or PM. How do we report Spam so they can look into this?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 40
Kelli replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 4:27 PM

Hello!  I don't know where you are located - I'm in Ohio and with a group who makes quilts for homebound Medicad patients.  They have nothing and are SO thrilled with the quilts - our group feels blessed to be able to sew for others!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 11:16 PM

quiltylee:

Donna, I had thought about that also. Tried to delete my post. You can't do that. And, I know I have not gotten any friend request or PM. How do we report Spam so they can look into this?

To delete your post, go to that post, click the "more" tab in upper right corner, then click on "edit"...your post will appear in a box. (sometimes there is a lag here...so be patient).  When your post does appear for your editing,

Highlight everything in the previous post, then hit the backspace key to remove all that you previously typed. (Or just backspace everything out!)   When everything is removed/gone, type the word "delete".

Scroll down to the bottom and hit the "post" button.  

(There may be a better way, but this is what I do.)

I will check on reporting this as spam...but in all fairness it may not be.  The initial post does not appear to be selling anything, at least outright.  But, I still would be aware of sharing any private information with this new QCA poster.  She/he has made no effort to introduce herself and gave no info about him/herself at all.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 10:24 AM

More info...

I sent a pm to Kris who is more experience than I am with this kind of thing.  This was her response:

"I'm not sure this person is on the level. No name given. Feels like a phishing scam.

I googled the address given in a post and it is for a cemetery. No residences in that intersection."

So, my instinct was right!!!  Do NOT reveal any personal information to this person...you may be very sorry!

Also, I am going to contact QCA Mandy to see if they will remove the original posting.

Winthrop, WA

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use