Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,105
Beth Reese Posted: Sun, Mar 3 2013 4:22 PM

Hi there, my name is Beth and I've been quilting on and off since the early '80,s, but really started getting into it in 2007.  I use to hand quilt all my things, but have been sewing with machine now for a while. I don't considered myself someone who knows the stitches, because I am constantly learning over and over. I have for the most part quilted by myself and am self taught. I read constantly about quilting. I use to be able to talk to my mother about it even though she didn't quilt she enjoyed talking to me. When I lost her, I kind of shut down and it took almost a year to finish a quilt that hand been on the frame for a year.  I've had a couple of bad years that kept me from actually sewing, but not from shopping for material.  I've made a few quilts in the last couple of years, but I still have at least 6 tops that need to be quilted. I got frustrated with my machine, so I took a short break. But, I think the break is about to be over. If I can get Lucy, my new pup, to allow me to sew with out having to stop every few minutes to dig something out of her mouth. I don't know where she finds most of the stuff she finds, because I didn't know the things were lost. I now have to baby proof my house again and my baby is actually 35 and married and my grandchildren are 18, and 21.  Guess, it will keep me alert. But I think she has really helped me now. LOL. I'm long winded as you can see, but cabin fever has set in and more snow is on the way.. Any way, I'm going to try and get with the program here.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 5:06 PM

Hi, Beth, so glad you are back to quilting. At the same time, I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom. That is always hard, for a lady to lose her Mom.

We have several here with back problems.

Post some pictures of quilts you have made. We love to see them.

There is a retreat going on now, with many of our members attending, in Branson, MO. Check in with them. They are just have a ball.

Welcome again.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 5:50 PM

Welcome, Beth ! So glad you are back to quilting and us. I was an x-ray tech myself , years ago, now I drive a school bus. Not ready to retire yet! I make enough to pay for my quilting  addiction.  LOL. Hope you stay with us this time, looking forward to seeing some pics or your projects.   Susan, North, Florida 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 7:37 PM

Welcome Beth to QCA. This is a wonderful place to learn how to quilt, new technique, suggestions and most of all friendship.  I hope you will find what you are looking for.  I hope to get the chance to see some of your quilts old and new.  I'm sorry that you lost your Mom. I know that quilting will help you keep her memory strong in your heart. 

I  hope to hear from you often.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 8:19 PM

Hi Beth.  Welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942

Welcome back, Beth

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 19,080

Welcome back Beth.

So sorry things have been so rough for you. I know the feeling and that is what got me back into sewing and start quilting. Once you get more involved on here to more you will love it here. Everyone here is so nice and helpful. I'm a newbie quilter and a lone quilter so I get a lot of information and help here. Even though I've sewing for 40 years, I still learn new things here. I, also, can't wait to see pictures of your quilts.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 2:14 AM

Welcome Beth. It's good that you're back to quilting.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 7:20 AM

Welcome Beth. This group has been a lifesaver for me. They are a very caring group and will help wherever they can. Don't be afraid to ask questions. And please post photos...we love to see what other folks are doing.  Hugs.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,738
Marie replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 11:22 AM

Welcome back Beth and there's no such thing as long winded here.  Write what you need to and share whatever is on your mind.  We've all shut down at one time or another so we sympathize with you.  Enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,105

Thanks for your greetings. I have miss Mom terribly, but I've got  things that have helped me. My son was married in Feb 2012, and the whole family met in Texas at my daughters home and celebrated Christmas together. His new wife is from China and really is a completely different from what I thought she might be. She is wonderful and I couldn't be happier having her as my new daughter.  I've been blessed with the spouses of my daughter and son.  I just believe that all the praying I have done for both of my children has been answered.  Their teen years weren't the greatest. Any way, I've got to see if I have any pictures on this computer. It crashed and I've had to get it back together again. Hopefully there are still some on here, but I can load some of the pictures of my quilts.  i'm excited. Thanks

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,105

Well another Xray Tech. I miss being able to work. It's been since 2007 since the last day I worked so you'd think I be over missing it/ LOL  I had an accident and crushed both heels. One they did surgery on right away trying to do what I don't know other that for about 4 yrs I had 10  one inch screws in my heel and they put me on morphine for pain management. I didn't know that I wasn't suppose to try and walk and my regular doc. thought that I was pretty strong doing it. a couple of yrs ago we went to TX for the holidays and I had my prescription to have filled the  1st of dec.  In TX you have to have triplicate prescription papers and no one down there prescribes morphine unless you sign a contract with a pain management doc and then you do as he says.  Well, I went cold turkey off the morphine I had been on since the surgery. Anyway after 11 days of H---l I came out of the fog and everyone was amazed. I didn't feel any different but that night I couldn't move my toes without screaming. We went to emergency room where my daughter worked and they gave me something to kind of relieve me. I went to the foot doctor a couple days later. On the 18 of Dec. he had xrays of my heel taken and everyone of the screws were either out of the bone or coming out. The ripples on the screws were tearing at the tissues my foot every time I even wiggled my toes.  On the 27th of Dec he removed those screws.  I still have to take a pain management type deal, but nothing strong like morphine. I am walking some, but not very long and if I push it I'm out for the next day. Such a weakling. LOL. I said I was long winded but I'm on disability. I had had a disability plan from the hospital that I paid for and when they found out that I would never be able to work in my profession again, they got me on SS disability. It's nothing like what I made, and I cry a lot about it. but I'm blessed that I had even tried to plan for something like this. The kids that I worked with had always teased me about the disability plan, but after seeing what happened to me, several went down to HR and applied for the disability plan.  Now I'm going to go looking for my quilt pictures. Thanks for welcoming me.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,105

Thanks for welcoming me. I'm trying to pull up pictures of some of my quilts. Computer crashed and just got it up and running Sat.. Hopefully some of the pictures will still be there. I can put them back. Just another step I don't want to have to do. Sounds lazy, but I'm not. I'm afraid I'll crash it again. LOL.]

By the way I'm from Indiana/ Texas   I live in Indiana now, but both my children were born and raised in TX, so I'm alittle bit Texan.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use