This post has 871 Replies | 31 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 16
Points 305
Anthony replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 11:49 PM

Hi Barbara!

Nice t'meet ye again!

I hope you kept the Smurf in order .... difficult job don't y'know ;-)

I love some of the designs ye all did this time - stunning work!

Hope you're well!

A

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 16
Points 305
Anthony replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 11:50 PM

Hey Gini,

Oh yes, the Smurf is in blue ....   all I need to get her is  a little white hat ... and I'd put that piccie so fast on you-tube ...  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

A

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 16
Points 305
Anthony replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 11:52 PM

Hi Judy!

Thank you for the welcome!

The Smurf missed on thing out ......  I'm a chocoholic oh yeah!   I've thought about therapy - but everytime someone wants me to exercise, I feel the need t'wash m'mouth out with chocolate! HAHAHAHAHA

Looks like you had a great time - I like the set up ......    I can't quite make out the photo - but who is Sir Sewalot on the floor with????

A

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 16
Points 305
Anthony replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 11:54 PM

Hey Nana!!!

I remember ye from last time.   I hope ye are keeping well!

I'm just reading that Diana has fessed up to her 'learners' being 'victims' .....  just say NO!!!  Walk away from the light!   Once she gets you to put one piece of fabric in your house .. it will be a drawer, a chest of drawers, a room, a garage ....

Oh .... you do that already huh?  :-)))

A

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 12:12 AM

Anthony

My fabric stash is constantly growing by leaps and bounds.,   And that was even before I met Diana....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 8:11 AM

Hi again gang,    As you see, Anthony can be a handful.  If we need pics, I have a few...like the very first time he actually wore his priest 's collar.  He complained he was fat, I told him he was just fluffie.   "Father Fluffie"....lol    Our northeast got him though.  When whole group was in Albany area,  one day was 70 and beautiful.  I took a few of them to where I grew up and they saw about 12 deer in the yard.  Next morning there was 8 inches of wet heavy snow.  He loved snow at that time.  Not so much anymore.  UK has been getting more snow than they want the last couple years. 

Diana in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,525
Points 177,388
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 8:19 AM

Anthony, I wasn't at this retreat but wanted to welcome you to the site.  I love your sense of humor, I think we'd get along, what do you say girls?  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 8:23 AM

Marie, I agree , he is a really nice person. We talked to him at Diana's for a little while. I bet hes a blast at a retreat.  LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 19,825

Nana - Way to go on the scarfs.  I haven't finished one with all that has been going on.  Should finish two today while doing laundry.

RuthAnn - Keep it up and you'll get it done - Your energy level should keep you moving - wish I had some right now.

Elaine, Barbara - I have been sluggish since returning.  Things are not getting done that need to get done.

Darlene - First Shop hop!!! I always spend too much and try not to tell Bill but get so excited I keep pulling things out to show him :)

Anthony - we have not officially met but I remembered when you "visited" the Smoky Mountain retreat last year.

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 16
Points 305
Anthony replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 9:08 AM

Hey Smurf,

THAT is not what got me ... what got me was SKUNK smell!  urgh!  No, I mean URGH!  And THEN Diana told me that people keep them as pets, I would just like to say ... in a quiet way ... ARE THEY NUTS!!!

I was praying for the snow, didn't want to go back home!  (I have a 'connection' see!)  ;-)  So I got a couple more days in Albany - and the next occasion I visited Herself it also snowed when it came to leaving time  ;)  Oh yeah, I pray gooooood!

Would ye want quiet, shy, reserved little me at a retreat .....  oh my ....  I'm just sooo angelic y'wouldn't notice me there *cough* *choke* *innocent look* HAHAHAHAHAHA - but if I could, I would - just to keep the Smurf under control of course!

Oh yes - and you have to try Diana's meatloaf!  Whoohoooo!  Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah!  Deeelish! 

Well it's nice t'meet ye all!   Hopefully at your next Victim Support Group we'll be able t'meet up again and have a natter

Meanwhile, I'll just sit here and drool over the talent all ye girls have with quilting!

Anthony x

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 16
Points 305
Anthony replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 9:10 AM

Nana ......

Isn't a stash 'larger' than Diana's called .... a warehouse?  *grins*

A x

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 9:39 AM

Anthony

I must admit while I have a large stash it doesn't compare to Diana's.   I tried to "shop" in her stash but she caught me before I could get it out of the house.   Darn.    I don't think she would have missed it if I had made it to the car.....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,549
Points 245,862
Thea replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 9:42 AM

Anthony, I haven't met you but you sound dee li cious.  I think you would be a wonderful addition to the retreat.  you would keep everyone smiling!  That is a very nice quality and since you have this connection you could keep the weather wonderful till the day of leaving and then have the storm arrive so we would all have to stay some extra days.  

I have been busy since returning from Branson.  Waiting on the final paperwork for Mom's house - it is supposed to be closing any day... the hurry up get the paperwork done and then wait syndrome.  

I, also, am looking at surgery in the near future.  They diagnosed that that disc that has been hanging on by a thread is gone or nearly gone... so they have an MRI scheduled for the 29th and then pain management on the 1st and neurology as soon as the paperwork is done for that...And if I can't handle the pain I am to go to ER...So far, although, I say OUCH a lot I am handling it... 

I sew to take my mind to a far away land and since I can't sit or lay down without feeling the pain - sitting in my sewing chair and concentrating on those seams seems to be working... I have finished up the McKenna Ryan quilt I had the blocks ready for Satin Stitching... it is all together and in the waiting for sandwiching pile, Then I finished up a monster ABC quilt for my newest Grandson due next month... and finished a quilt called Coming Home for his Baby quilt... I am working on a Star quilt project right now that should be done today when I get over to the sewing machine... and I have a spools quilt all cut out and ready to go... Once those are done I am going to tackle a Judy Niemeyer quilt that is up on the shelf and waiting patiently for me to work on it... 

I would quilt some of these but I think right now that the weight of the quilt in trying to do that would not work... so I may box them up and send them to Christine... I am patiently waiting for her picture blocks to finish up her quilts... I have almost all the blocks done that I can do - in between doing my quilts I am working on them... 

Oh and I have fused down the pieces for the scarecrow block for my BOM - I will wait to do the satin stitching till next month when I get the next Block for that quilt... and Whiskers in the Wind is getting copied when I feel up to sitting straight and using my light box... but even though I am 3 yards short on my fusible I should have plenty... teehee...

anyway that is what I have been up to since I have been home... the pain is not tolerable anymore so if you hear someone saying OUCH very loudly in your neck of the woods then imagine what my neighbor is hearing... thank goodness I have quilting to take my mind away for the time that I can sit at the machine... I get lost there...

Rainy and dreary here in Oklahoma - kind of going along with my mood this morning - hoping for some sunshine to perk me up.

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 16
Points 305
Anthony replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 11:24 AM

This is me doing one of the small  projects I do these days .....   Can I just say that I was BULLIED and BEATEN and FLOGGED until I agreed to do this (by the Smurf!) .... I mean ... I'm a priest, would I lie ??? 

Me, x

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 11:25 AM

Anthony

Looks like you are having fun.   I have a little bit of that fabric with the leaves...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Page 57 of 59 (872 items) « First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use